JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 03-01-2009 , 12:09 PM #1
Linn

Default Replying to Posts/Threads

This is something that has been bothering me for a while and i thought id let it out. If someone replies to a thread for something thats on offer could they not check to see if there is a reply. For example i post something, then a jtowner replies saying im interested. I then reply saying its yours if you want it or when can you collect. Then i hear nothing for days and i pm and still hear nothing. So i offer to next in line and then the origional poster replies saying im still interested.
To cut a long story short and what im trying to say is IF YOU REPLY TO A THREAD PLEASE CHECK IF THERE IS A RESPONSE TO IT WITHIN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME. That way it doesnt leave the giver hanging around waiting.
Also when i say NO PM'S that means NO PM'S. Its really annoying when you put on alot of stuff at the one time to get pm's. Thats why i prefer THREAD ONLY.
Sorry for going on and on. But i needed to get that of my chest.
Now thats me done thankyou.
Linn is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 03-01-2009 , 12:23 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linn
This is something that has been bothering me for a while and i thought id let it out. If someone replies to a thread for something thats on offer could they not check to see if there is a reply. For example i post something, then a jtowner replies saying im interested. I then reply saying its yours if you want it or when can you collect. Then i hear nothing for days and i pm and still hear nothing. So i offer to next in line and then the origional poster replies saying im still interested.
To cut a long story short and what im trying to say is IF YOU REPLY TO A THREAD PLEASE CHECK IF THERE IS A RESPONSE TO IT WITHIN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME. That way it doesnt leave the giver hanging around waiting.
Also when i say NO PM'S that means NO PM'S. Its really annoying when you put on alot of stuff at the one time to get pm's. Thats why i prefer THREAD ONLY.
Sorry for going on and on. But i needed to get that of my chest.
Now thats me done thankyou.
Hi Linn,

Both Givers and Takers sometimes fail to respond to posts/threads. This could be for numerous reasons: computer/internet trouble, family/work matters, or simple forgetfulness.

As the following Admin post at the top of the Support Forum makes clear, good communications are key to the site's success.

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=6871

Re: PMs (Private Messages): Some Members prefer to conduct their business via the PM system for a number of reasons -- this is perfectly okay in the eyes of Admin. However, we realise that keeping initial expressions of interest on the thread/ad is more transparent for the Giver and potential Takers as the stages of the Giving and Taking process can be monitored. The PM system should be especially used to send contact details such as phone numbers, addresses, and collection times.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-01-2009 , 03:00 PM #3
Bettybooboopbedoop

Hi Linn, i totally agree with you. I have held some items for 3 weeks or more waiting on a reply. I do realise that some people don't have home/internet, thats why i give the extra allowance of time, but it is very frustrating, as some things, or when you are giving a lot of things, you just don't have the room to hold onto them. Of course, we give them away because we don't want them anymore and want rid of them asap usually. I have a jtown box lol but that is my limit. I must say though, most jtowners are brilliant and can't wait to get the items which speeds this up greatly and much appreciated.
Bettybooboopbedoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-01-2009 , 03:37 PM #4
jenniferalan

Hi betty and linn, I totally agree with u there, often i have items here with no word back from the taker. I think 3 days up to one week is long enough to wait without a reply. what do u think?

Im not sure if others find this annoying but when an item that is advertised gets lots of replies and a simple reserved sign goes up, it would be nice to know who got it!
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-01-2009 , 03:47 PM #5
Bettybooboopbedoop

Default Hope ye've all recovered after the celebrations lol

Hi, I don't really have an interest in knowing who got an item. If i apply for an item and it eventually is marked Reserved or Taken, if i know i didn't get it, i leave it at that. If i have an interest in an item and if it's gone, it doesn't matter to me after that. (this is just me, i'm sure there are many different views)
Old Posted: 03-01-2009 , 03:50 PM #6
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferalan
...Im not sure if others find this annoying but when an item that is advertised gets lots of replies and a simple reserved sign goes up, it would be nice to know who got it!
Hi jenniferalan,

Givers are under no obligation to reveal to other potential Takers the identity of the person for whom an item is Reserved.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-01-2009 , 03:53 PM #7
Bettybooboopbedoop

Hi Chris,
I agree, it really doesn't matter, even when we curse the person that has managed to get it lol