JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 16-12-2008 , 01:55 PM #31
bluecurlygirl

Default Can't wait

I have a load of curtain rings that I couldn't dump - can't wait to see what you've done with them! You're a brave lady taking on that amount though.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-12-2008 , 02:16 PM #32
MandyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
Thing is, I need to make cushion pads for 12 chairs.
Any help (with patterns and/or fabric) will be very much appreciated. :o)

I have NEVER sewn a stitch in my life So I need to start off with something plain and easy. Also this will all have to be done by hand as I've no sewing machine.

So, to cut a long story longer, I need advice and maybe a pattern and some remnants that will go together really well. Even if I had enough for there to be only one cushion of each colour that should be great.

So, please, HEEEELLLLPPPP.

Ok, the easiest way to make cushions is like this:

Measure your seats to find the right size. Let's say for instance that your seats are a foot n half by a foot n half.
Get out some cardboard.
A scissors.
A pen/pencil.
A needle and some thread.

Measure the same size on the cardboard (maybe leave an extra inch or two around the perimetre for padding) and cut out. Now place the cardboard over your material and cut that out too, allowing an extra half inch to fold over the board.
Remember what your teachers in school used to call tacking? Well that's what you do with the board and material. You tack the material to the board so you come out with a nice square of material sewn onto the board.
Now do another one.
When you have two cardboard and material squares, sew them together properly on three sides. Leave the last side open for removing the cardboard by taking out the tacking stitches, and then insert your stuffing. Now you can just sew up the last side, or put a zip on it.

Voila!! A lovely new cushion.
MandyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-12-2008 , 05:48 PM #33
mdemps

Default Need help with cushion project

I have just recovered the high stools in my kitchen, i bought 3 cushion covers and unpicked the seams ( you will have enough for 6 when you do this ) then i removed the old covers and replaced the new ones using a staple gun.
mdemps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-12-2008 , 01:16 PM #34
Mickey

Thanks for more tips guys. Posted a new thread about the curtain rings. Cushions happening in the New Year.
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote