Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 30-01-2009 , 03:12 PM #1
northsider

Default 'I wont reply to PM's'???

Just wondering why people specifically put 'No Pm's' or 'PMs will go unanswered'?? on their posts.

A PM doesn't go to your private mail address, does it? Mine don't anyhow?

I just don't get why people refuse to answer a PM and ask that answers only go on the board??

Personally, I find it more difficult to pick a 'taker' from just a message on the board. Takers in the past have sent me a couple of lines in a pm and this has usually helped me decide who to give to.

Am I missing something?
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 30-01-2009 , 03:50 PM #2
Linn

I ask for no pm's and the reason being that i would put on alot of stuff together and it is easier for me to keep track of who wants what. Also it shows people who else is interested. Plus when you put up alot your inbox fills up very quickly. It can be so annoying when you see something reserved or taken and there was no replies. Now this is my opinion '' you can get some sob stories in pm's''. Now thats my 2 cents worth. i must stress that this is my opinion.
Regards Linn
Old Posted: 30-01-2009 , 04:17 PM #3
lislaw

Same here. I prefer to see who's interested on the thread rather than receiving loads of pm's. That way I can keep my pm's for contact information etc. IMO it just makes things simpler
Lisa
Old Posted: 30-01-2009 , 04:27 PM #4
paprika

Hi northsider,

I think it must be what Linn said, cause if you have a couple of things on you get a lots of PMs and then your box is full in no time. Plus some people don't specify which item they are enquireing about and then it's just a mess you trying to figure out what's goin on. At least when I had some things on it happened to me. On the board it's clearer.
In my also it counts that my internet connection is very slow and it's easier to look at only the boards. Plus if the weather is bad my connection keeps breaking in the middle of PMing. Very frustrating. So I usually stick to the boards both as a Giver and as a Taker. I send only the private details in PM.

Regards,
p
Old Posted: 30-01-2009 , 04:41 PM #5
northsider

oooooooo...now it's starting to make sense to me! So it's obviously if you are advertising more than one thing at a time that it works best. Now I get it.

I've only ever advertised one thing at a time so there wouldn't be any confusion if someone sent me a pm about it.

I was just wondering so thanks for that - I agree about the sob stories by the way - I thought perhaps there was some way the poster could get into your private email or something, and that's why people didn't want pm's specifically.

Thanks for that
M
Old Posted: 01-02-2009 , 11:59 PM #6
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Hi Everyone,

The PM system should be used for:

(a) sending phone numbers, home addresses, email addresses, and details concerning viewing/collection times. This information should not be posted on the Public Forum;

(b) passing on private information (other than that in (a) above), which may be relevant to the Giving and Taking process. "Sob stories" should play no part in this process.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Closed Thread