JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 17-04-2009 , 09:41 AM #1
Philomena6196

Default school books

Summer holidays are fast approaching and the new school books list will be out!!

Is there anyway we can organise this?

Every year i buy my sons books new for 150, and i dont even know where they are now!! My son is going into 4th class so i will have 3rd class books available.

What i can do is post up a list of books that will be available in June and maybe post up his new list and see what people have before i buy them and we could all do the same?

Or should we just post up as normal when they become available?

Any suggestions? Chris P what do you think? The wanted section is just so difficult to peruse sometimes, things get lost and these are essential yet so bloody pricey!
Philomena6196 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 17-04-2009 , 11:19 AM #2
taraoreilly

Default hi

hi i personallly think this is a great idea i will have senior infants , third class and fourth class books availailable and will be looking for other tara
taraoreilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-04-2009 , 12:19 PM #3
jenniferalan

My brother will have some 5th class books and will be looking for 6th class. Count us in
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-04-2009 , 03:36 PM #4
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philomena6196
Summer holidays are fast approaching and the new school books list will be out!!

Is there anyway we can organise this?

Every year i buy my sons books new for 150, and i dont even know where they are now!! My son is going into 4th class so i will have 3rd class books available.

What i can do is post up a list of books that will be available in June and maybe post up his new list and see what people have before i buy them and we could all do the same?

Or should we just post up as normal when they become available?

Any suggestions? Chris P what do you think? The wanted section is just so difficult to peruse sometimes, things get lost and these are essential yet so bloody pricey!
Thanks for the reminder, Philomena6196.

I think it best that Members simply offer their school-books when they become available in the "Office/School/Shop" forum located near the bottom of the Home Page...here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-04-2009 , 05:31 PM #5
Mumof3

I think this is a brilliant idea because I too always have to buy the books new and they really do cost a fortune. The only consolation for me is that so far I have been able to pass my daughters down to my son (there is a 2 year difference) but even after they have been used twice, they are still in perfect condition.

I think if we start putting our books up now and make an agreement with whoever we choose, then at the end of June we can arrange collection.

This year I will have 1st class books available, there is only about 4 readers because all the other books are workbooks and get wrote into.

But in saying that, these four readers are still expensive.

So count me in, and when the kids go back to school I will get the exact names of these books and post them up with the agreement that I will pass them on at the end of June.

I will be looking for books for 4th class for my daughter, that I can then keep for my son and then pass on.
Mumof3 is offline   Reply With Quote