JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 08-02-2009 , 11:29 PM #16
jenniferalan

Hi guys, was in Athenry this morning and saw a sign up for a farmers market every Friday from 9.30 to 5.... just thought I'd spread the word
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-09-2009 , 06:52 PM #17
desv

Default Good website for markets & car boot type events

www.irishvillagemarkets.com

Hope this helps.
desv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-09-2009 , 07:03 PM #18
saoirsetom

Default farmers market

there is a farmers market in portlaoise every friday morning in the square, all local except the fish van drives up from wexford with fresh fish of that day, its a small gathering but worth the visit if your ever passing........
saoirsetom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-09-2009 , 12:50 PM #19
superkaytee

there is a farmers market in fermoy from 10am till 4pm. Has some nice food in there and is a small car boot sale on the side.Its not bad.
superkaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-09-2009 , 03:37 PM #20
TickTock

Default Farmers Market?

The Farmers Market in Tallaght re-opened this year after a year closed. My own opinion is that it is not as good as it was but its in a much better position (between the library and the theatre). I am not sure that the fruit and veg is at all local, in fact I might put my money on it NOT being local. I find that upsetting because up to a year ago the fruit and veg was great. When I visited a couple of months ago a muffin was selling at around €3-€4. Now, I don't care how much chocolate chips are in it, or blueberries, this is a ridiculous price. I'd rather bake my own thank you very much. I think when entering a Farmers Market always bring your common sense, and don't be led by the artisan rip-off merchants. There should be more improvements made in Tallaght. Council should ask the customers for their feedback!

I've been to the Farmers Market in Marley Park, its on every Saturday and it is much better. There are still too few crafty stalls but there is a book-seller, butcher, bakers, fruit & veg, preserves etc. Also, artists, and I even saw a native American flogging some native American music cd's which sounded really great but I'd prefer live music instead of just playing the cds, there were tons of olives, a pizza stall and a crepes stall. The stall holders that I spoke to were extremely friendly and happy to give info or advice when asked. Also, there is a coffee shop just a few steps away and the park itself is gorgeous, as well as the Regency garden. I liked Marley Park better than Tallaght.
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-09-2009 , 01:03 PM #21
Sel

Default markets

yes, I go to the Kilternan country market, its brilliant. All the stuff HAS to be home made or home grown. its all fresh and usually the makers are there so they can tell you anything you need to know. Its only open a short time though - 10 until 12, on a saturday, so you have to be quick or all the good stuff is gone.
Sel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-09-2009 , 06:04 PM #22
ambie

Default farmers markets

all farmers markets are expensive grow your own veg keep your own chickens and buy whole sheep or pig at the farmers market and if you can't cook the cakes and pies.
ambie is offline   Reply With Quote