User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 04-01-2010 , 11:46 AM #181
julfren

Default check your receipts!

Hi and a very Happy New Year!

Re the refund : I went back to the store and got refund for the overcharged items. I got €8.68 in all off a total bill of €63. It is quite serious and wonder how many people it had happened to and they may not have even noticed. I didn't ask for explanation or didn't get one.
Old Posted: 08-01-2010 , 02:04 PM #182
insanechicken

Default Night away

Hi All,
anyone planning a break and fancy a freebie. If you're quick because of the motorway opening to Galway they are giving away 2010 free nights in Galway(properly free now not stay for 2, pay for 1) lots of quality places. Couldn't believe my eyes. book a lovely place in Claregalway i've been before and paid €75 for and got a room for tonight for €0!! Had decided on paying €39 for boring old Travelodge!

Not sure how long it's being running for so far but seems to be good availability for weekdays - not so much for the weekend as it prob went first.
Old Posted: 08-01-2010 , 02:18 PM #183
sparkwell

Hi insanechicken

How do you find this offer please

Sparkwell
Old Posted: 08-01-2010 , 02:45 PM #184
insanechicken

Default Free Hotels

Sorry!!! Such a silly girl go to irelandhotels.com (think they're the hotel federation but not 100% on that) and the special offer is on their home page - you enter the date you want and it gives you a list! best of luck!
Old Posted: 07-02-2010 , 06:22 PM #185
vonnie

Default 3v- cheaper than a credit card

Hi all. I am new here and I was looking through a few pages of money saving tips. I am married with five kids and more often than not it can be quite a struggle. As like a lot of you here I have a paypal acount which comes in handy at times esp when I see something that is far more cheaper online than in the stores. You dont need a credit card to use paypal. There is a disposable credit card available from Permanent TSB. Its called a 3v card. Its very simple to use. Go to 3v.ie register online and they send you a card that you can top up. Its very safe and easy to use. And accepted by paypal. They charge very little to use this service too. a €50 top up costs €52.50 while a €100 top up costs €105. You dont have to worry about huge credit card bills as you can only use what is on the card and no more. You decide what you spend. :)
Old Posted: 15-02-2010 , 12:20 PM #186
cascais

Default tesco clubcard deals SCAM

guys/ ladies,

i am very sad to say that the above tesco clubcard deal is indeed a SCAM.
well at least this has been confirmed for their offer in conjunction with Irish Ferries.
i have been looking for tickets to go to France in march to visit my family and thought.. hey? if i can save a few more bob with this i ll give it a go !
so i ordered 13.50 in in clubcard token worth of irish ferries, i received (a week later ), 50 euro in tokens, until there no problem.
the problem arises when you book it....
the tesco website and the offer tells you to enter tescoie on the promotion code area of the search. As soon as you do, the prices are hicked up !
here is my true exemple.
booking rosslare to cherbourg and cherbourg to rosslare 2 weeks starting end of march , price with vouchers around 480 or something like that ( can t remember exact price..(bear in mind 50 euro reduction) so total price 420
without any vouchers including 2 cabins ( one way in one way out) price 366 euro ! ( cheaper than the plane by the way)
it speaks by itself, you get a voucher of 50, but they rip you off by another 50, so really no benefit whatsoever...
in case you wonder if you decide to call to book, you are charged an extra 15 euro more as well.

just thought it was worth mentionning, trying to inform as many people as i can ..
hope that helps
cascais
Old Posted: 26-02-2010 , 12:03 PM #187
SLCB

Default Money saving hairdressing.

I had my hair done yesterday, full head of highlights, cut and blow dry for €25.00. I went to the hairdressing school in Limerick city, it took a bit longer that normal but that was the only difference from the normal city salon I normally attend who charged me €175 the last time for half the amount of highlights and a trim!! Two second year students did the colour and the beginning of the cut and the supervisor finished it while explaining everything she did to the students. It turned out as good as any salon I've every used and I will be going there in future, in fact the supervisor asked me to come back next week for an intensive treatment as my hair is a bit dry, I agreed instantly. Check the websites for futher eduction colleges etc to find these schools, I also emailed lots of salons regarding 'model evenings' but none of these got back to me, no matter I'm very happy with what I found.
Old Posted: 09-03-2010 , 08:11 PM #188
Mandolin

Default Electricity Bills

I just found an appliance calculator on an Elect supply website, it tells you what each appliance costs to run depending on how long and often you use it - it certainly made me think twice about slapping on the washer, dryer, oven etc., without thinking. Amazing how it all adds up!
Mandolin
Old Posted: 09-03-2010 , 09:02 PM #189
garrazzaband

Default don't get too stressed about !

Always remember, most of these appliances have been around since the 50s/60s and each decade that passes they get more and more efficient. Anytime now hopefully they will all be using energy created by wind or wave!.Sit and back and relax folks, I just wouldn't be without them...go on, let yourself go...stick everything on standby ,lol lol.
keep smiling.
Old Posted: 18-03-2010 , 10:22 AM #190
Pepperpixie

Default discount website

hi, i've just come across this website www.myvouchercodes.ie you probably all know about it already but just thought i'd post it up anyway, another one is www.pigsback.com where you can print off vouchers for your shopping.
Old Posted: 18-03-2010 , 11:23 PM #191
unapam

Default Free PIF items

PIF stands for Pay It Forward which means you do something nice for someone else or give away something and in return the recipient gives something to someone else.

Well, on Etsy.com they have 2,560 PIF items listed. Generally you just have to pay the postage and cost of the listing (20c) Check it out - here is the link.

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.p...rch_type=al l
Old Posted: 24-03-2010 , 03:29 PM #192
noni

Default money saving tips

Caiscais, re. Tesco Voucher Deals,

Just wondering Cascais if you had any more joy booking your ferry, would like
to get some vouchers for ferry for u.k. but was wondering if they would indeed save me any money on regular ferry price-or not!

Has any Jumbletowners used the Tesco Card Deal vouchers on Irish Ferries or
Stena Line?
Old Posted: 24-03-2010 , 03:43 PM #193
flerg

Default Hair

I recommend the below hair schools and have used both the one on Grafton St and Stein House at Harcourt St. They are heavily discounted.

http://www.robertchambers.ie/
Old Posted: 24-03-2010 , 05:19 PM #194
TickTock

Default Money Saving Tips

I should think so too!! Have you seen the prices on their site? €80 for a C&BD! I have already been paying €60 and begrudge that much. So if Robert Chambers bring down their prices, it might be as low as how high I'm already paying! And €26-€33 just for blow-drying!! Good Grief!
Old Posted: 03-04-2010 , 04:45 PM #195
sparkwell

Default Cheap Break Away

Just to let anyone know who might be thinking of having a couple of days away that LIDL are doing special offers at the moment. I picked up a leaflet in there the other day and you can get B & B & dinner for only €49 euros. This works out even cheaper than the Supervalu breaks cos for 2 nights you get 2 dinners instead of one if that makes sense. The offer must be booked by 30th April and stay is up till 31st May and it is for all over Ireland.

Check out www.Lidl-Breaks.ie
Closed Thread