JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 12-05-2012 , 07:56 PM #16
Jayne402010

Default Plant stand bought for a tenner....

I got this for a tenner, it wasn't particularly sturdy. So I unscrewed the 3 pieces that were meant to put plant pots on and found a new use for them as a wall feature.
With the bottom piece I used it to grow a rose bush around!
Attached Images

Jayne402010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-05-2012 , 10:29 PM #17
melissabell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne402010
Thanks so much for your interest in replying to my little story!
I am going mad to get some red bricks, do you know if they cost a lot and/or where I would source them from? I am in the South East, Co Wexford and items do not seem to be as cheap down here as they would be in the big cities!

All suggestions greatly appreciated and taken note of!!!

what I ended up doing was selling bits and pieces online and bought my bricks for the lawn in Homebase. I needed alot though, but my neighbour had knocked part of his front wall and I got some off him to edge my tiny lawn in the front of my house I just used a chisel and hammer to get the concrete off them and they worked a treat.

I saw a program on TV a while back where people were doing renovations on a budget and sometimes if you ask builders at a building site or contact builders they have small amount left over from jobs that are no good to them so you could try that either. Best of luck but if I hear of any I'll let you know :)
melissabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-05-2012 , 10:45 AM #18
Pepperpixie

fab work, just wondering where you ordered the solar fountain from?? I was thinking of getting one of these also, but wasn't sure if they actually worked or not??
Pepperpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-05-2012 , 11:00 AM #19
Jayne402010

Default Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpixie
fab work, just wondering where you ordered the solar fountain from?? I was thinking of getting one of these also, but wasn't sure if they actually worked or not??

Hi there!
I got the solar fountain off E bay!
Just make sure to choose FREE postage and WORLDWIDE when choosing your options if you wanna get it as cheap as me!
There are ones a euro or so cheaper but they are from China and postage from China takes approx 6 wks (our summer could be over by then!)
So just pick HONG KONG, the delivery is approx 2 weeks.
Think you might even have a few cent left out of a tenner!

Btw, there are 3 different heads that come with it, but 2 seem to be the same. You can get a great height and sure, what's a tenner?!!(Used to be a packet of cigs for me, but 9 months smoke free now... Wey Hey...) Have just taken a pic of size of solar panel (4x4), hope this helps!
Jayne
Attached Images

Old Posted: 14-05-2012 , 12:51 PM #20
Jayne402010

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz38
hi there, i was in Aldi today, great ald spot for bargains, anyway saw COIR YARN in there today n it made me think of you, lol, it looks like rope but thinner,( but u could join it, plait it or something) ??? there was 2 x 30m(or 15m) lengths in a bag for 2.79 euro. was different types there in a basket too, with your imagination id say u could "create" a nice rope feature outta it. it was new but looked old, if u get me, best of luck n love the garden n all your great work, x margaret.

Oh Margaret...
I got that when I saw it advertised in Aldi previously and I did try to plait it, but it just looked terrible, although I have used some as a scratching post for the cats out there in the garden and it seems to be working, keeping them off the tunnel! (They are quite happy to just flop out inside it and enjoy the heat when I let them!)
Fair play, Yes it is exactly what I have in mind. I will persevere, it has to be the right stuff else I won't be happy!
They did have composters reduced in Aldi, Bunclody last week to €14.99, was too big to fit in my car so went up 2 days later with bigger car and they had gone :(
Apparently different Aldi stores have different reductions depending on what doesn't sell, so couldn't get one here in Enniscorthy, else I would of walked home with it for that price!
Am back to online geneaology research today whilst it pours down outside. Keep dry!!!
Old Posted: 15-05-2012 , 10:43 AM #21
DaveMag

Wow, that's some great results!! Your garden is really beautiful. I wonder how much money and time did you put in "redesigning" it? This mosaic table is really great!

Congratulations, you deserve it!
DaveMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-05-2012 , 11:11 PM #22
Jayne402010

Default Time and money?!

Hi there!

To be perfectly honest I did not put any large amount of money into my garden at all, the only thing I paid for were the decking timbers out of season (so I got them cheap!) Everything else is recycled, it has had to be, the recession has hit me along with the rest of the country!
I sell unwanted stuff I have on Ebay or local buy and sell pages through Facebook, thus enabling me thee extra bit of cash to put into my 'outside room'.
It is amazing the amount of ornaments etc you find you do not need in order to fund your project!
I managed to get my rope from a chandlery at last as all efforts to beg/swap/find the stuff came to nothing. The cost was €44, which was 2chains and a mixed lot of jewellery I sold! (One womans junk really is another womans treasure!)
Thanks for taking the time to look at my post!
Oh and anyone reading this, a cautionary tale.....
Upon putting my rope up, it poured down, the next morning It looked like I had a wrestling ring in my back garden! Yep, I had somehow forgotten in my excitement that rope shrank when it got wet! So I had to redo it all! I would say I lost at least a metre of the stuff due to shrinkage. Be Warned!!! Don't be as daft as me!
Old Posted: 21-05-2012 , 11:17 PM #23
Jayne402010

Default At last... ROPE!

Finally the stuff I had hoped to get for free I had to purchase!
The man who ran the chandlery was quite honestly the most unfriendly fella I have ever met, unless it was my over enthusiasm for the rope that made him Mr Uncommunicative!
Attached Images

Old Posted: 24-02-2013 , 03:17 PM #24
Bohemian_In_Dublin

This is beautiful what you have done
Thank you for sharing :)
Bohemian_In_Dublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 28-02-2013 , 09:03 PM #25
noni

Default garden

Well done, Its lovely, I'm away off to source one of the solar fountains like yours on Ebay! Thanks for all the info.
noni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-04-2013 , 10:44 PM #26
Leahsmam

brilliant job. well done :-)
Leahsmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-04-2013 , 03:54 PM #27
Pacman

Default Wow!

Love it, love it, love it! Well done - what an amazing transformation, full of ingenuity.
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-04-2013 , 04:31 PM #28
Mickey

I wish there was a LOVE IT button on this forum! Well done :)
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-04-2013 , 11:50 AM #29
ronan1985

Default garden

This is a real work of love, creativity and vision on your part. Well, well done. Truly an inspiration!
ronan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 13-05-2013 , 01:33 PM #30
alowishes

Default t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne402010
A lot of hard work, but was well pleased! And I love a challenge!
Fantastic; a joy to see, congratulations. Great incentive for all of us. I must take out my camera and take photos of my back garden , approx 10ft x 10ft now a rubbish dump with lots of resolutions surrounding it. Thank you
alowishes is offline   Reply With Quote