JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 09-07-2013 , 10:12 PM #1
Sparklyspark

Default Picture Frames.

Hello Jumbletowners,

I got these frames from siobhan.m here on Jumbletown. One frame was plain brown wood nothing fancy. The other frame was part of a hanging three frame set. I cut the string from each of the three frames, so ending up with three individual frames. You can see in the before photo, the brown woven straw like work and it was discoloured/worn in parts. The before photo is the last photo.

I set about decoupaging both frames. For the taller frame I used printed paper, pva wash, a printed picture cut out and used the backing of a paper napkin that had faint roses on it for the backing of the picture in the middle as you can see.

For the small woven frame I used, paper napkins, pva wash, pearlescent nail polish that has a pearl shimmer to it, a photo printed picture and organza ribbon for the trim and for hanging at the back.

I have still more frames to work on and will post these when they are finished. Thanks again to siobhan.m for the frames.

Kind regards
Sparklyspark
Attached Images

Sparklyspark is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 12-07-2013 , 08:33 AM #2
4bordercollies

Default Craft

Beautiful craftwork, very artistic.
4bordercollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-07-2013 , 12:21 PM #3
Sparklyspark

Thank you. I am only new to decoupage and crafting. So its a slow process and I am learning as I go but having fun at the same time. I have some more projects to finish, from items I received from some lovely people on here and from another site, and when I have completed them, I will post them here.
I love the stuff I receive and never sell it on. I take/ask only what I am in need of.

Kind regards

Sparklyspark
Old Posted: 20-07-2013 , 06:17 PM #4
siobhan.m

They look great, glad to see they have gone to a good home!
siobhan.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-07-2013 , 08:04 PM #5
leck

Sparklyspark: what is PVA wash? -- is it PVA glue mixed with water. I want to try some decoupage and not sure what glue to use. I would like to use Mod Podge but understand it's very expensive here in Ireland. I have bottle of cheap PVA glue so maybe will try that.
leck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-07-2013 , 08:16 PM #6
Sparklyspark

Quote:
Originally Posted by leck
Sparklyspark: what is PVA wash? -- is it PVA glue mixed with water. Just want to try some deoupage myself and not sure what glue to use. I would like to use Mod Podge but understand it's very expensive here in Ireland. I have bottle of cheap PVA glue so maybe will try that.

PVA wash is just pva with a dash of water. As PVA is a thick glue, you need to water it down a bit, but don't make it runny or it will not stick properly. So 3 parts PVA to one part water. This will give you a matte finish. If you want a gloss finish for your items you can add a small bit of non yellowing clear gloss varnish to your PVA wash. I didn't use the varnish but instead as the items I am decoupaging are small, I used clear pearlescent nail varnish but you can also use clear nail polish to seal it. Hope that all helps :)
Old Posted: 23-07-2013 , 08:31 PM #7
leck

Thank you! Will post again when I try that out.
leck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-08-2013 , 09:51 AM #8
molly99

hi sparklyspark, i got some wool from another jumbletowner, and ive sorted it and taken what i like, i have left over an amount of mostly pastel and white cotton, some light coloured wool too. did you know of someone who was collecting wool for a blanket knitting pproject? id love to pass this on.Molly 99
molly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-08-2013 , 05:59 PM #9
Sparklyspark

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly99
hi sparklyspark, i got some wool from another jumbletowner, and ive sorted it and taken what i like, i have left over an amount of mostly pastel and white cotton, some light coloured wool too. did you know of someone who was collecting wool for a blanket knitting pproject? id love to pass this on.Molly 99

Hi Molly99,
Yes there is a girl who is knitting for a good cause. You can find her wanted thread here: http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=113425
Thanks,
All the best
Sparklyspark :)