JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 30-11-2006 , 09:56 PM #1
pathfinder

Default Green waste, large amounts.

Were is the best place in the Dublin area 2 dump large amounts of green waste.ST.Annes and Lucan dumps are all closed for large amounts of waste.Some Landscapers have 2 travel outside Dublin 2 dump the green waste.This can be recycled into compost which is good.The Dublin city council should have one large green waste Recycling centre for gardeners in Dublin.
pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 03-12-2006 , 10:33 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinder
Were is the best place in the Dublin area 2 dump large amounts of green waste.ST.Annes and Lucan dumps are all closed for large amounts of waste.Some Landscapers have 2 travel outside Dublin 2 dump the green waste.This can be recycled into compost which is good.The Dublin city council should have one large green waste Recycling centre for gardeners in Dublin.

Hi Pathfinder,

I've done a bit of research and I'm afraid I can't help you. The only places I know that take large amounts of green waste are in Lucan and Ballymount but I believe that even these have started to limit the amount of green waste they take. There's also Newcastle (on the Dublin/Kildare border).

This issue was covered in the Sunday Business Post a while ago. Click the link below for one Dubliner's account of trying to get rid of a large amount of green waste after a major garden renovation:
http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/...story16135.asp

You've raised an important issue, Pathfinder. I'll keep looking for a solution, but in the meantime, if anyone else has an answer, please post here.

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-12-2006 , 10:44 PM #3
Chris P
Administrator

The following is posted on Dublin City Council's website. It refers only to green waste produced by householders -- nothing about professional gardeners/landscapers :(

>>Dublin City Council is currently running a pilot Green Waste acceptance service.

Green waste will be accepted from householders at the following Recycling Centres from Monday May 8th until October 31st, 2006:

· Oscar Traynor Road, Coolock, Dublin 5

· Gulistan Terrace, Rathmines, Dublin 6

· Windmill Road, Crumlin, Dublin 12.

And Saturdays only 10am – 4pm from May 13th 2006:

Tolka Valley Road, Finglas, Dublin 11

Green waste includes leaves, grass clippings, plants and flowers and hedge and shrub cuttings. Householders should ensure that material is not contaminated with plastics, papers, metal, food packaging or gravel, stones or any other material.<<<

(Source:http://www.dublincity.ie/sitetools/f...-recycling.asp)
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote