JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 20-02-2009 , 03:37 PM #1
Korish

Default Expressing interest or Sending a PM?

When I see an item I really like I would express my interest on thread then thinking.. should I send PM as well? Where the giver hasn't put restriction on PMs I see a lot of people saying 'pm sent'. I see it's one way of letting the giver know you are seriously interested but I am a little bit hesitant sending PM in case the giver feels harrassed! (I know it might be a strong word for this situation..) Shall I dive into the sea of PMs or not before the item is offered to me?
Korish is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 21-02-2009 , 06:12 PM #2
jenniferalan

I would say no, stick with thread as some times things get messy and giver receives too many PMs. but when posting on thread giving definite arrangements can help.

For eg if someone said "hi im interested i can collect any time"
and another said hi ____ im very interested in this. I can collect on X day then it appears that they are genuine and not going to mess u around trying to arrange collection
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-02-2009 , 06:32 PM #3
colmsmum

I don't think there's any need to ask for an item twice, I'd either reply on the thread or send a pm. I don't mind receiving pm's, I put books on today & initially said 'no pms', this was because my inbox was over flowing, I've since cleaned up my pm's so I've edited the thread to allow for them. I don't think anyone would think your harassing them by sending one message. Hope this helps. Regards, colmsmum.
colmsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-02-2009 , 06:47 PM #4
Korish

I sometimes see that there is noone else expressed on thread before me then the giver says it's RESERVED. I often question myself that was I not genuine enough or too laid back? As I have a limited space I would only show interest for the item I would really love to have.
Korish is offline   Reply With Quote