JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 04-01-2014 , 01:46 PM #1
bob909

Default Suggestion - re: Ads and Photos

Fantastic service and great idea. However I would offer a suggestion.
In this day and age there is no excuse for not having a photo on your add. would you consider making a photo an essential requirement for any advert ?
bob909 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 04-01-2014 , 05:21 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob909
Fantastic service and great idea. However I would offer a suggestion.
In this day and age there is no excuse for not having a photo on your add. would you consider making a photo an essential requirement for any advert ?
Thanks for the suggestion, bob909, but I don't think we'll be introducing a rule that says that all ads must be accompanied by a photo -- if that were the case, some folks simply wouldn't use the site.

I'd say that around 70% to 80% of the ads on JumbleTown contain photos.

Some Members may find it difficult to (resize, if necessary) and upload a photo from their PC or phone, but they can always send them on to Admin as email attachments and we will upload them. Other Members offer to send a photo directly to potential Takers.

Unusual though it may be, some Members may not have a camera or a camera-phone, or may simply be too busy to take and upload a photo. As we say in our instructions on the "Before you Add Your Item" page, ads without photos are not as successful as ads with photos, and often results in lots of questions from potential Takers if the item is not described in great written detail (see below).

So, basically, I agree with you, bob909, that the absence of a photo slows down the Giving and Taking process, but there is little we can do about it except encourage Members to add photos.

Thanks again for the feedback, bob909, and Happy New Year to you.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------
EXTRACT from JumbleTown's "Before you Add Your Item page:

>>> Photos:

You will notice from our web site that adding a photo of your item greatly increases the chances of someone taking that item.

Please seriously consider adding a photo of your item.

Use your digital camera or camera phone. If you have neither, ask someone who has one of these to help you out.

If you can't upload a photo to the web site, offer to send a photo to the interested Taker's mobile phone.

Instructions on adding a photo with your post/ad can be found here.

Describing Your Item:
If you are not adding a photo, it is very important that you describe your item in detail. An Item that is inadequately described simply results in requests for more details from interested Takers; this will obviously delay the Giving and Taking Process. Details you should consider adding include: the item's condition, make, model, colour, size (length, breadth, & height), weight etc.

Also, if you are not going to add an photo, it's a good idea to invite Members to call and view your item with no obligation to Take. <<<

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/inte...=newthread&f=3
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote