JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 24-02-2010 , 10:50 AM #31
niara

Default ps2

Thanks a mil. People on here are so good.
niara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-03-2010 , 03:18 PM #32
TickTock

Default do you really need to get rid?

This is a great thread. I have found over the years some so called 'experts' have told me something I have is kaput and has to be replaced - I'll bet most of the time they could have been fixed!

For instance, my garage door was broken and I could only open and close it with great difficulty. An 'expert' said for safety reasons it had to be replaced and quoted an astronomical price. I got another guy and he fixed it in 10 minutes!! I asked the second guy about the safety aspect and he said there was no problem, it'll be fine for another 40 years!! When you don't know, you have to accept what 'experts' tell you.

I get angry about the injustice of it. After all, we can't afford to pay these high prices and as customers depend on the professionals to be truthful with us.
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-03-2010 , 09:25 PM #33
propellor

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTock
This is a great thread. I have found over the years some so called 'experts' have told me something I have is kaput and has to be replaced - I'll bet most of the time they could have been fixed!

For instance, my garage door was broken and I could only open and close it with great difficulty. An 'expert' said for safety reasons it had to be replaced and quoted an astronomical price. I got another guy and he fixed it in 10 minutes!! I asked the second guy about the safety aspect and he said there was no problem, it'll be fine for another 40 years!! When you don't know, you have to accept what 'experts' tell you.

I get angry about the injustice of it. After all, we can't afford to pay these high prices and as customers depend on the professionals to be truthful with us.

Thats the reason I started the thread tick tock, people get ripped off so much. the main problem is the 'experts' are sales oriented and their time costs a bomb.
Also beware if they try to sell you somthing new saying it will cost too much to repair, and also offer to take your old unit off your hands for a small discount on the new one. they'll repair it cheaply and sell it on for profit.

buyer beware as they say!

Jim
propellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-03-2010 , 11:28 PM #34
TickTock

I've been ripped off so many times, even by some people I know well, it's hard to trust anyone anymore. Congratulations again propeller on this thread.
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-07-2011 , 09:48 PM #35
spirix

Default Hi-Fi found on the bin

I found a hi-fi (CD + tape reader) near the bin of an apartments block.

It didn't work.

I opened it, and after a while I noticed it was missing the fuse on the cable.

I put one and buala!

The LCD screen doesn't work, but it makes my dinner cooking much louder & happier.
spirix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-12-2011 , 12:11 AM #36
Torann

Video player is acting up when you put a tape in it just spits it back out again and the screen reads E1 :S
Torann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-12-2011 , 06:59 PM #37
niara

My son's ps3 was giving the message "cannot read hard drive" and lots of other error messages. I sent away for a hdd drive from ebay which I got for 50 euro and watched a video on Youtube instructing me how to replace the hdd. I had it done in ten minutes and the ps3 is now working as well as the day it came out of the box. It would have cost me much more if I had sent it off to be repaired. I'm doing the same with my daughters netbook which she got for her birthday. Two weeks later, the dog jumped up and broke the screen on it. I enquired and it would cost 180 euro to fix so I sent away through ebay for a replacement screen which cost 56 euro and I'm going on Youtube tomorrow to follow instructions. Best to try to repair if it's worth the gamble. Cross your fingers for me, I'll let you know if it works. So Torann, try youtube for your solution. Key in VHS repair and see what comes up.
niara is offline   Reply With Quote