JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 21-01-2009 , 03:53 PM #76
jenniferalan

I read about JT almost 2 years ago in an Irish mag Prudence. It had a write up on what the site does etc. Although i thought at the time that it was mainly based in Dublin so i did not log on..... Prudence continued to advertise the site in future mags and also saw a link on boards.ie.....

im a member since November 08 and i have to say I'm hooked!

Boyf thinks that im acquiring more than i give away but i try to convince him that its all for a good cause lol - life cycling!
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-01-2009 , 04:10 PM #77
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferalan
I read about JT almost 2 years ago in an Irish mag Prudence. It had a write up on what the site does etc. Although i thought at the time that it was mainly based in Dublin so i did not log on..... Prudence continued to advertise the site in future mags and also saw a link on boards.ie.....

im a member since November 08 and i have to say I'm hooked!

Boyf thinks that im acquiring more than i give away but i try to convince him that its all for a good cause lol - life cycling!
Hi jenniferalan,

Prudence magazine ("A-list lifestyle at realist prices") have been great supporters of JumbleTown over the past two years or so. Their frugal/thrifty ethos is similar to JumbleTown's. If JumbleTown were a magazine, it might look like Prudence. Recommended reading!

Many thanks for the feedback!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Attached Images

Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-02-2009 , 05:39 PM #78
Proteavalley

Default who told me

a fellow jumble towner told me when I went to collect some things from her from a diffrent recycling site
Proteavalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-02-2009 , 08:54 PM #79
rosbabe

Default jt site

I heard about this site from "the afternoon show" on RTE 1 television weekdays from 3pm to 4.30pm. Really good show! Full of information!
rosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-02-2009 , 05:05 PM #80
mary52

Default who told me

l heard about jt on the afternoon show as well ,,,, love this site its brill well done ,,,,
mary52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-02-2009 , 04:37 PM #81
abbamaniac

Default jt?

were did i hear of jt,god i cant remember,but glad i did,it a great site n a great way of passing stuff on thats not needed and giving to somebody who needs it instead of a skip.
abbamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-03-2009 , 01:18 AM #82
Moeby

Default Fantastic site

I heard about this site through my husband. He kept telling me about a mate from work that heard of this site where everything was free. I thought he was raving until I checked it out. It is the most fantastic site, because it's not all about taking, you might find that you have things around the house that are of no use to you, but would serve someone else well. Well done Jumbletown and I spend a lot of time mouthing about how good it is I am finally getting other people interested.
Moeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-03-2009 , 02:01 AM #83
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Many thanks for your support, guys!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-03-2009 , 09:35 PM #84
kila2008

I heard about it from a lady on www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion
kila2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 28-01-2019 , 12:16 PM #85
Marathon Man

I heard about it on the Ray Darcy radio show a good few years ago. Fantastic site. First thing I gave away was some wicker conservatory furniture. A lady from Cabra replied after only 5 minutes and came for it. Around a week later i was browsing the site just to see what people put up, when I saw two books, one with all the Beatles lyrics and guitar chords and the other was the Beatles anthology. My son was learning guitar so I thought I'd put in a request. Now out of the thousands of people who use the site who do you reckon it was??? Yes, that lady from Cabra. 😁 Come and get them she says. The first thought in my head was KARMA... and that's exactly what the site brings. Lovvit.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 10-02-2019 , 06:37 PM #86
Dave Hagan
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I heard about it on the Ray Darcy radio show a good few years ago. Fantastic site. First thing I gave away was some wicker conservatory furniture. A lady from Cabra replied after only 5 minutes and came for it. Around a week later i was browsing the site just to see what people put up, when I saw two books, one with all the Beatles lyrics and guitar chords and the other was the Beatles anthology. My son was learning guitar so I thought I'd put in a request. Now out of the thousands of people who use the site who do you reckon it was??? Yes, that lady from Cabra. 😁 Come and get them she says. The first thought in my head was KARMA... and that's exactly what the site brings. Lovvit.
Great story, Marathon Man!
Thanks for your contribution to life on JumbleTown over the years!

Regards
Dave Hagan
Admin
Dave Hagan is offline   Reply With Quote