Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 31-08-2006 , 10:43 PM #1
motherdear

Default Calling CORK area

Hello there,

I have come across this site and simply love it - and the idea of it. Two of my children really want to learn to play the piano and in this day and age how many of us can just whip out there and buy one? And here, onsite is a wonderful piano begging for a good home, but alas, it is up in Dublin and I am trying to find a courier........

Actually, the majority of the ads are for the Dublin area and it would be great fun to get more ads from the Cork and West Cork area. Go on, spread the word..............
motherdear is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 31-08-2006 , 10:58 PM #2
teena

Default Know what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherdear
Hello there,

I have come across this site and simply love it - and the idea of it. Two of my children really want to learn to play the piano and in this day and age how many of us can just whip out there and buy one? And here, onsite is a wonderful piano begging for a good home, but alas, it is up in Dublin and I am trying to find a courier........

Actually, the majority of the ads are for the Dublin area and it would be great fun to get more ads from the Cork and West Cork area. Go on, spread the word..............

Have the same problem. Two curtain poles in Cork that Id love but not worth the journey or postage. Ah well cest la vie. Is a great site. Spread the word.
teena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 31-08-2006 , 11:02 PM #3
motherdear

Default mmmmm..

there could be a business venture in this for some young enthusiastic entrepenuer............ shuffling our stuff from county to county as per request? Perhaps funding to start-up could even be subsidised as it is going to a good cause i.e recycling unwanted items etc. What think you?
Old Posted: 31-08-2006 , 11:09 PM #4
teena

Default Enterprise

Would be a good idea if the site were bigger and busier but doubt it would keep anyone in business at the moment.Maybe an idea for someone working as a courier already to fill an empty van on the way home if they have a regular run from Dublin to Cork.
teena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-09-2006 , 01:13 PM #5
steve wolohan

Default Slow to start

Quote:
Hello there,

Good One, I too have been looking through the items and to be honest , I think its a brill idea, well done, I certainly will be spreading the word and do hope it catches on in Cork and surrounding area , I am actually going around the house this evening with camera in hand :-) Well done -- posters are a printing, word is a spreading
steve wolohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-09-2006 , 12:05 PM #6
woody

Default piano

there is an upright piano in woodwards auction next wednesday - it will probably go very cheap
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-09-2006 , 12:09 PM #7
janice joplin

Default janice joplin

thanks a million for replying will check piano out at woodwards
janice joplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-09-2006 , 12:37 PM #8
essielou

i also find that the lot of the stuff seems to be in dublin so i agree spread the word and get it going big in cork
essielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-09-2006 , 04:58 PM #9
FATMAN

Quote:
Hello there,

I AGREE. I AM FROM CORK ALSO. C'MON CORK START USING THIS SITE.
FATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-09-2006 , 11:42 PM #10
motherdear

Now we are getting there guys...... I have told so many people about this site and about my fantastic (but sadly missed) opportuntiy of aquiring a wonderful piano for the children........... Janice, I hope your search is successful....... if you do not take that other piano in the thread, I will look into getting a courier for it and brought down here to me...........

PS the kids have said not to worry if I cannot get them a piano, they will just ask santa for one!!
Old Posted: 23-09-2006 , 12:38 PM #11
filter

up cork!! woo... spreading the word!!!
filter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-09-2006 , 05:19 PM #12
Finny

Come on the rebels
Finny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-09-2006 , 06:40 PM #13
john power

Default theres a piano

Quote:
Hello there,

in douglas in cork hve u seen it .
just thaught i tell u from john in douglas in cork also
john power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-09-2006 , 11:57 PM #14
motherdear

Thanks for the pointer John - I am going to have to visit the site more often - I think that one is taken, but I am still looking, so thanks for alerting me to it!

Happy recycling!
Old Posted: 03-04-2007 , 10:25 PM #15
Asherz_Cork

Default Piano

Hello;

Just read your post and I have a piano free to a good home. It will need some restoration (tuning & maybe a few keys) but im sure it would be cheaper than buying a new piano.

If you are interested, please let me know.

Regards.
Asherz_Cork is offline   Reply With Quote