JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 14-03-2011 , 06:36 PM #1
Chris P
Administrator

Default Transforming vintage delph - JumbleTowner Crystal32 in the Irish Independent, 14/3/11

Hi Everyone,

If you've ever wondered what happens to the vintage and quirky delph you pass on, then you'll be interested in a piece in today's Irish Independent, which features JumbleTowner Crystal32/Barbara from Co. Meath.

"My Big Fat Budget Wedding: How to Marry in Style without Splashing too much Cash" by Deirdre Reynolds focuses on three thrifty couples, and highlights Crystal32/Barbara's wedding idea for a Mad Hatter-inspired tea party.

The full article can be read at the link below [Note: you need to click on the article's "Related Links" for the individual pieces on the three thrifty couples]:

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/...g-2578167.html

Many thanks to Crystal32/Barbara for the inspiration, Deirdre for the article, and Ronan for the photo!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Photo: Colour me beautiful -- bride-to-be, JumbleTowner Crystal32/Barbara
(Photo by Ronan Lang, Irish Independent)
Attached Images

Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 15-03-2011 , 03:31 AM #2
Merienne

Default Hilarious choice of theme

Very inspiring and clever!
I've never understood how normal low or medium income earners could prioritise spending an absolute fortune on just one day. When you can do so much that is just as nice, and more personal, for way less money. It would probably also take just as much time to research all the expensive decorations, as it would to make your own. In this case, I especially think the bouquet idea is really sweet.

I completely get the "stress avoiding" too. The more elaborate and extravagant a wedding, the more I think one (=me) would stress over every. little. tiny. detail.
Merienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-03-2011 , 07:54 AM #3
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default wedding

Hi Barbara, well done for planning such a personal day that will mean so much to you both, rather than putting on an expensive display to impress others. I had read the article in the paper before I realised your connection with Jumbletown, so had to go back and look again. Love the bouquet and the tea pot table centrepieces. Have a happy day. Eibhlin.
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai is offline   Reply With Quote