JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 09-06-2008 , 07:32 AM #1
ozieandros

Default Thanks JT

Just want to say thanks to JT because I am not from Ireland and it felt pretty lonely here after Scotland. I didn't know anyone.

With JT I don't only feel good about re using and recycling but I've also got to know a few JT users and made mates! Better still ... We're like minded so of course it's all the better.

So thank you JT!

Ros
ozieandros is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 09-06-2008 , 07:44 AM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozieandros
Just want to say thanks to JT because I am not from Ireland and it felt pretty lonely here after Scotland. I didn't know anyone.

With JT I don't only feel good about re using and recycling but I've also got to know a few JT users and made mates! Better still ... We're like minded so of course it's all the better.

So thank you JT!

Ros
Many thanks for participating in the JumbleTown community, ozieandros. In the end, the site is really not about items Given and Taken but about people helping each other and the environment in a friendly manner.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-06-2008 , 10:02 PM #3
erica

Default Giving and Giving and Taking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P
Many thanks for participating in the JumbleTown community, ozieandros. In the end, the site is really not about items Given and Taken but about people helping each other and the environment in a friendly manner.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Since I joined JT I have made contact with and met lots of very nice people, including Ozieandros. It is indeed, about people helping each other. It is very heartening to see that the vast majority of members are both givers and takers, which in my opinion is what jumbletown is all about. We all have items lying around which we no longer use or need and it is great to see an item being passed along to someone who will use it and appreciate it. It is also wonderful to receive an item which (apart from the recycling aspect of it) perhaps we would not have been able to afford to buy.
erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-06-2008 , 10:31 PM #4
cheddarlane

Default Fellow Scot

Hi Ros,

Welcome to JT!

I too am from Scotland! so hi!

Linda
cheddarlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 10-06-2008 , 07:05 AM #5
ozieandros

Default Thank you JT

Lindaleagh you're fae Scotland! WOW!

About JT I have to do a project on reusing/Recycling, means and ways to try rescue this planet of ours, you know! 'Doing our bit' as organic means doing that too! So last week decided to give JT as an example! Poster 'JT wants you' And all! Erica is quite right too. Some of us cannot always afford what we really need and it is so nice to see something someone really wants.Needs (If unable to afford inflated prices) And find it for them, making their day and! Making us feel good in the process. Then it is always good to know that something we may not want can find a good home too! Then there is also the fact that JT is a very friendly community. It's great!
ozieandros is offline   Reply With Quote