JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 24-07-2008 , 02:22 PM #1
lislaw

Default Electrical Items On Jumble Town

Am just wondering about other people's experiences with taking electrical items on Jumbletown.

I've taken two things now and on both occasions the items didn't work properly. I'm wondering whether this is the norm or did I just get unlucky?
lislaw is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 24-07-2008 , 02:31 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lislaw
Am just wondering about other people's experiences with taking electrical items on Jumbletown.

I've taken two things now and on both occasions the items didn't work properly. I'm wondering whether this is the norm or did I just get unlucky?
Hi lislaw,

Occasionally, Givers post items and state "Suitable for Parts Only." These ads are acceptable but as you know, JumbleTown is not really for recycling items, but for life-cycling/re-using them. Obviously, Givers should state clearly the condition of the item they wish to pass on. If a slight repair is needed, that should be stated. Items should be capable of being life-cycled/re-used; if they aren't, the Giver should bring them to a recycling plant -- they shouldn't post it on JumbleTown. Givers who knowingly pass on faulty items or write inaccurate descriptions of items have no place on JumbleTown.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-07-2008 , 02:55 PM #3
lislaw

That makes me feel a bit better - I was starting to feel like a bit of a gobsh**e - fool me once, fool on me; fool me twice etc etc...

To be fair I put the first item back up and was very clear about it's shortcomings and someone did take it.

The second item I only just picked up earlier today and I've already put it back up, with a better description of it's condition.

I was a bit upset about it today though as I'd packed my two kids into the car and then drove from Kinnegad to Clonsilla and back. So apart from the waste of petrol and wear and tear on my car - which is no spring chicken, I can tell you - I also had the added pressure of entertaining two children.
Old Posted: 24-07-2008 , 11:49 PM #4
carissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lislaw

hi lislaw
sorry you made such a long trip for nothing, this happened to me too although i didn't travel too far, i had to take the item to the recycling centre, i guess its a chance you have to take with electrical items, i think most people give an honest description, we were just unlucky, better luck next time : )
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-07-2008 , 01:23 PM #5
lislaw

I really have to apologise. I have not just gotten two electrical items. I have also received a microwave and a coffee machine which both work prefectly well.
I can only say in my defense that I was particularly frazzled after returning from my drive to Dublin the other day...

Lisa
Old Posted: 14-10-2008 , 08:11 PM #6
Anfearisfearr

Default Faulty

A short note just to let takers beware.Faulty electrical goods can be deadly.I know this is an understatement,but takers just be wary.Frayed leads,broken cases,exposed elements,knobs missing,switchs not working etc,all these things can result in shock or worse.If as has already been stated by admin,you are in any doubt re condition of electrical goods both giving or taking,take them to recycle centre.lislaw if you need any assistance in future with faulty electrical articles give me a pm.Might be able to help with advice as electrical repair is my hobby in life.
Anfearisfearr is offline   Reply With Quote