JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 11-08-2011 , 08:46 PM #1
jessy8754

Default What To Do With Old Mobile Phone Chargers

Hi guys.... I have at least 25 mobile phone chargers and woz wondering what can I do with them..don't want to send them to landfill.....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
jessy8754 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 12-08-2011 , 09:19 AM #2
Laura h1

Default old charger

hi any chance you 1 of the old nokia ones with the big part not the new skiiny 1 - i am looking for 1 of the old 1 please i can send an sae off if you do thanks :-)
Laura h1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 18-08-2011 , 12:49 PM #3
Kleenqueen

Default Phone chargers

Hi I would imagine a charity shop would be delighted to get those. Everyone is always looking for chargers. The shop could charge a few bob and everyone is a winner! Hope that helps.
Kleenqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 18-08-2011 , 02:34 PM #4
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessy8754
Hi guys.... I have at least 25 mobile phone chargers and woz wondering what can I do with them..don't want to send them to landfill.....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
Hi jessy8754,

How about listing them in JumbleTown's "Telecommunications" forum?
You sure to get some Takers for most if not all of them.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-08-2011 , 11:59 PM #5
sandy1234

hi just an idea give them to jack and jill charity ,u can find pre paid envolopes in most retail stores
sandy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-08-2011 , 10:48 PM #6
dee1

there is a friend of mine who collects them for autism and you are entered into a draw for holiday or years mortgage paid if you win.pm if you want details.
dee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-08-2011 , 11:53 PM #7
jessy8754

Default old mobile phone chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee1
there is a friend of mine who collects them for autism and you are entered into a draw for holiday or years mortgage paid if you win.pm if you want details.

hi dee1,

Thanks for your post....that sounds very good to me... and maybe an added bonus of winning (well we can dream anyway) .... but yes autism is a very good cause and i would love to support it ....I have two friends that have children with autism & yet they didnt know bout the collection...maybe the organisation should let parents with autism know that they are looking for this type of thing to raise money...please send me the details where to send them.....kindest regards lisa xx
Old Posted: 23-08-2011 , 11:57 PM #8
jessy8754

Default old mobile phone chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P
Hi jessy8754,

How about listing them in JumbleTown's "Telecommunications" forum?
You sure to get some Takers for most if not all of them.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Hi Chris,

Just to say I abs. love jumbletown... i have been a reciever and a giver on the site and think its a fab. idea... well done to all in jumbletown... I received a message from dee1 (j/towner) and I am going to donate them to autism... which is great for the org. but also great for the enviro...beats sending to landfill just for the hell of it.... kindest regards lisa x
Old Posted: 24-08-2011 , 12:21 AM #9
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Hi Chris,

Just to say I abs. love jumbletown... i have been a reciever and a giver on the site and think its a fab. idea... well done to all in jumbletown... I received a message from dee1 (j/towner) and I am going to donate them to autism... which is great for the org. but also great for the enviro...beats sending to landfill just for the hell of it.... kindest regards lisa x
Thanks for the feedback, jessy8754, and well done for passing your items on to a worthy cause.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-08-2011 , 12:31 AM #10
dee1

Quote:
hi dee1,

Thanks for your post....that sounds very good to me... and maybe an added bonus of winning (well we can dream anyway) .... but yes autism is a very good cause and i would love to support it ....I have two friends that have children with autism & yet they didnt know bout the collection...maybe the organisation should let parents with autism know that they are looking for this type of thing to raise money...please send me the details where to send them.....kindest regards lisa xx

Sorry my mistake was just online with her,its phones and they dont have to be working as in can b minus batteries,cracked screens etc..So sorry for getting ur hopes up,wondered why she thought i was lala..
dee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-08-2011 , 08:59 AM #11
Purplerain

As Far As I Know The Jack & Jill Charity Dont Take The Chargers Only Phones.you Could Try Take Them To Recycleing Center
Purplerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-10-2011 , 07:20 AM #12
Horse

Default Chargers

any vodafone shop has a box for old fones and chargers, or tesco. i picked up some freepost envolopes from tesco back in may for the irish heart foundation who were looking for fones, fone batteries and chargers. I am not sure if they are still doing it but would be worth checking if you want rid of them
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote