JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 20-08-2016 , 08:11 AM #1
zoe in the sun

Default jumble or junk ?

just wondering why admin allows so much broken stuff on jumbletown ? i see broken chairs , a fridge freezer that dosent work , and a printer thats broken , honestly who would want this junk , i thought items had to be fit for use as some of these are dangerous to use ( if you could ) jumbletown up your standards or change your name ! regards , zoe
zoe in the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 20-08-2016 , 01:26 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe in the sun
just wondering why admin allows so much broken stuff on jumbletown ? i see broken chairs , a fridge freezer that dosent work , and a printer thats broken , honestly who would want this junk , i thought items had to be fit for use as some of these are dangerous to use ( if you could ) jumbletown up your standards or change your name ! regards , zoe
Hi Zoe,

We expect most items listed on JumbleTown to be fit for re-use, upcycling, or even repair. We're trying to ensure that the life-cycle or usefulness of an item is completed before it is recycled or discarded. Life-cycling effectively postpones an item’s entry into the recycling or disposal chain, which is good for the environment and the community.

Some items listed on JumbleTown may only be suitable for recycling, but most will be suitable for life-cycling. Some repairs may be necessary to some items before they can be re-used. Other items may only be suitable for parts or spares. By allowing the occasional broken printer or chair to be listed, we hope to encourage people to use their repair-skills. In short, "fix it before binning it", if you can.

Repairing may not be for everyone, but it is an option that should be considered before costly recycling.

As for electrical items, we do state that these should be checked by a professional before they are re-used.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote