HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 19-09-2008 , 09:41 PM #121
DAVEDAVE

Default Rathcormac carboot Sunday 28/9

carboot sale Rathcormac next Sunday
Old Posted: 22-09-2008 , 09:56 AM #122
kila2008

Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim every sunday...you can find contact details through google I think!!
Old Posted: 22-09-2008 , 10:48 AM #123
Tallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P
Hi Tallon,

We've decided to keep to our policy of only making Admin posts "stickies."

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Not to worry

thanks

Tallon
Old Posted: 22-09-2008 , 05:40 PM #124
bridget123

Default naas car boot sale on again

hello again. just to let all you car booters know ,NAAS CAR BOOT SALE IS ON AGAIN> FROM (9am .SATURDAY 27" And every saturday , I just saw a big poster for it ,so happy car bootie to all who go. happy days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Posted: 25-09-2008 , 02:23 PM #125
JULIEBABY

Default Balbriggan Car Boot

Have a pile of stuff that I would love to take to carboot sale, I wondered does anyone know, can I just show up or do I have to try and book it, couldn't get in to Fairyhouse for this weekend and would love to do one, while the weather is fine, any advice Juliebaby
Old Posted: 25-09-2008 , 03:36 PM #126
Butterflyj

Default Cuidui Sale - Nov 9th 2pm Baby Equip,Kids Clothes, toys

Cuidui are holding their bi-annual second hand baby equipment, kids clothing and toys sale.

St Brigids School, Howth Road, Killester. 2pm Sun 9th Nov.

Clothing normally goes for €1.50-€2.00 each.

Normally loads of buggies, cots, and plenty of toys and books at very good prices.
Old Posted: 27-09-2008 , 04:02 AM #127
lrbt23

Default Toejam car boot sale

Behind the George Bernard Shaw at Portobello on Saturday 27th from 1pm to 6pm. They have tons of vintage clothes and lots of retro stuff, worth a look.
Old Posted: 27-09-2008 , 11:24 AM #128
noddytown

Default car boot sales

Hi Giant cbs at castleinch Kilkenny every sunday
also on Saturday at Cillin Hill kilkenny on every Sat
Also try doing a search on google, car boot sale ireland
Old Posted: 10-10-2008 , 09:10 PM #129
Maurs

Default Car boot sales in the West

I'm a bit of a carbooter and I've read heaps of the posts here. I have to say, publicity for car boot sales, by and large, is cronic. I've posted one that a mate of mine organises on www.bootflea.com (good site). Carbootsrus is very out of date and there's some misinformation. I also think that most organisers aren't very good with a computer. Usually sellers know where the carboot sales are before the buyers. I was in Flanclare and it was packed with terrific stalls on a beautiful sunny day.... no buyers... one woman stopped at my stall, said she loved carboot sales, only lived a couple of miles down the road and didn't know it existed. Folk at the neighbouring stall said that when they stopped at a garage near by the folk there said they didn't know if it was still going on. Bad publicity is killing carboot sales before they've taken off. I had traveled over an hour for that one; thank goodness I brought a few facepaints!!

Thing is, if you push the publicity they're a great fundraiser. I organise an annual fundraising carboot sale in Galway. I do heaps of adverti*****t and it goes down well. You can make €500 to €1000 on a sale if it's got lots going on. I recommend a tea and cake stall (it can take over €150 even at a not so busy carboot sale) and some facepainting. I've been asked to help organise more, they really are in demand bigtime.

I had started a wee website called www.carbootireland.com because I found I was trawling through half information on sales. If people could post the phone numbers of the organisers (or an email) to clarify that the sale is really on, that'd be great (came across some annoyed folk when I phoned them from the carbootsrus site, they were either wrong phone numbers and were plagued by calls, or were two years out of date).

Anyway there's also a group on facebook, carboot Ireland. Ye're great keeping the posts going on this. Carboot sales are already getting more popular what with the credit crunch and consumer hangover from the last 10 years. Keep them going
Old Posted: 14-10-2008 , 01:28 AM #130
mhandmoc

Default Were Is The Next Free Dublin House Hold Clearences??

Were Is The Next Dublin House / Electric House Hold Clearence??
There Was One Up Near Palmerstown Once And I Found A Brand New Flower Pot When I Was Passing By, You Would Be Surprised What You Would Find, Does Anyone Know Were The Next One Is??
And How Do People Find Out These Things :) ??
Old Posted: 14-10-2008 , 11:42 PM #131
Tahlula

Default Car Boot sale

There is a car boot sale every saturday and sunday in Jamestown Road in Inchicore, Dublin 8. It's indoors, just drive in, so no need to worry about the rain, first come, first served basis, no reservations needed. Cars spaces only, €10 on Saturday and €25 on Sunday, or €25 for both days. Gates open at 9am to sellers. Declutter before the swamp of Christmas presents, one man's junk is another man's treasure.

If you google Irish Independent, Clear Out Sale, you'll find an article written about this car boot.

Happy bargain hunting and selling folks
Tahlula
Old Posted: 15-10-2008 , 01:20 AM #132
kila2008

Hi, just wondering if it is still worth doing carboot sales?? I have never done one before but there are two separate carboot sales/markets that take place every Sunday in the local town and I was thinking about trying one out. I have a lot of baby clothes, toys, equipment, etc. from when my daughter was born...she is 7 now but an only child and was the first grandchild on both sides so was inundated with presents...stuff was all new for her and a lot of it was rarely used due to the volume of stuff that was bought/received so it is still in really good condition.

I'm also thinking about trying out the local craft markets coming up to xmas as I love crafting and have been dabbling in various crafts for a while now...handmade cards and other stationery, floral arrangements, friendship bracelets/jewellery, etc.

The thing is that I really have no idea where to start or if, in the current economic climate, it is even worthwhile to do. My partner and I are currently trying to finish off a self-build and any extra income at the moment would be very welcome as it would help with getting the house finished.

Any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Old Posted: 15-10-2008 , 07:37 PM #133
mhandmoc

Default car boot

hey,
the best car boot around is

ballbriggin,
it seems to me if you head out there you will be worth a mint ;)
see, as a customer ballbriggin opens up REALLY EARLY,
BOOTERS sometimes leave there house at 6 in the morning and are closed up and all by 2, 3 latest! if you have clothes you will be going home with nothing, if u had to sell all clothes at 1e you would be fleeased!!
one day in ballbriggin is like a months money going anywhere else!
vans that are packed to the brime go home empty,
best place i promise you that and only 20euro a car, 30 e a van! and you make that back in 30 mins to an hour if even ;)
give it a try!!
Old Posted: 15-10-2008 , 07:44 PM #134
JULIEBABY

Default car boot sales

Hi I have done a few car boots now at Fairyhouse and find it great, nice bunch of people etc and loads of people buying. Heard Balbriggen is back on.

Give Fairyhouse a try.
Old Posted: 15-10-2008 , 08:35 PM #135
Tahlula

Default Car boot sales

Kila.....I would LOVE to talk to you.... I am an arts and crafter and have an operation in motion for arts and crafters to sell their wares. If you pop down to the market on Saturday or Sunday, ask to speak to Nuala and i will give you all the details. Please get in touch as I think you'd be very interested in my plans.

As for the car boot, we're not as busy as other car boots yet but we ARE undercover so as winter looms we may be a more attractive option. Thing is though, if you put up signs saying for example, (as I did when I did one) everything €1, 6 items for €5, they sell quickly.

Hoping to hear from you Kila :)

Tahlula
Closed Thread