Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 23-04-2008 , 06:40 AM #16
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_o_hara
I love this site, i recently moved out of the city (big thing for me) and found that moving is expensive. im due a baby in the summer and thought it easier to ask in the wanted section for the bits i need.
Of course when im finished with them they will be re-posted.
Peoples generousity is amazing!! ive met so many nice people on this site. Some who just wish me luck others who like to tell me abouts ads they've seen elsewhere that might help.
I think the wanted section is a great section to have. I love browsing through the pages but as i said i recently moved so i dont have much to give away yet but with a 3 year old and another on the way im sure (in the near future) i'll have some posts in the giving section :)
Just want to say a big thanks to everyone that has helped me so far, and to jumbletown itself.
Oh by the way "happy birthday jumbletown"
Great to have you on board, karen_o_hara.

And you're right -- the generosity of JumbleTowners is amazing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-04-2008 , 10:14 AM #17
alderney

Default bumping

Hi,

Just to add a thought, (especially to Lindaleagh), I usually post on the thread when I pm someone as it also has the added benefit of 'bumping' that persons ad back up for others to see and possibly provide what the person is looking for! Its not that we are trying to be transparent - just promoting the cause...

Just a thought :-)

Alderney.......
alderney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-04-2008 , 05:50 PM #18
cheddarlane

Default Hi

Hi,

I have read back my post..

I didn't mean that in a direct way, but some people do like a little Recognition for what they do, to be seen as one of the good guys thatare giving..fair play I suppose.

Other's simply replying.. but often people post in detail for all to see.

That's all
cheddarlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-05-2008 , 03:20 PM #19
mmc

Default Hi

I'm always checking the wanted section first, and if somebody wants an item I have i'll post it publically cause if it's not suitable someone else may like it! After initial post it goes to pm. What I find really annoying is when you offer something and person messes you round and leaves you waiting or just not replying even to say No thanks!! I love giving have not taken anything yet but I've so much clutter any way and not must space!
mmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-05-2008 , 12:27 PM #20
marie065

i too love going through the wanted section i have only managed to give away two small things through the wanted section and like mmc i post it publically so if its no good to the first person someone else might want it and would save me putting in a new post and have to give out my personal details to people that have replyed to my ads then no longer want the item which has happened on 2 occasions which is kind of annoying
marie065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-05-2008 , 10:09 PM #21
angie1

Default wanted section

hi all just thought i might add my comment 2 . all sections in jumbletown are fab i think the wanted section esp. i have put a few posts on myself and gave things to people.. i just dont understand reading some of the comments what all the commotion is about!!! if you have somthing to give ......give it explain what it is and get over it deliver or post it if needs be...its a free site for recycling after all who cares who writes what and who craves attention we all need a pat on the back and inspiration and ideas sometimes after all we are all human...keep up the great work jumbletown and i love this site soooooooooo much. life is too short for moaning after all we cant recycle ourselves just our matieral items ...kind regards to all angie1
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-05-2008 , 09:04 AM #22
alderney

Default Success Story!

I just wanted to say that I always look on the wanted section when I log on but what I really wanted to let people know is that the wanted section works!

I got a really old fashion lady's bike from a kind jumbletowner who responded to my advert in the wanted section.

I am chuffed with it and intend restoring it to its former glory!

When I posted the ad in the wanted section I thought it was a bit of a long shot...but I got exactly what I had been looking for!

The Wanted Section Works!
alderney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-05-2008 , 09:19 AM #23
Linn

Default I totally agree

I totally agree the wanted section does work. I have put on lots of ads in the wanted section and with lots of success. My little nephew wanted ps1 games which my brother couldnt find and now he has over 50 due to generous jumbletowners. My daughter has got new goth clothes, jewellery and furnishings for her room. We also got patio doors for our porch which my husband is thrilled about. Push lawner mower, golfs clubs, baby equipement and lots lots more. I have also given away stuff that was requested in the wanted section.
But i must make a confession i didnt always feel that way. I was the one who started this thread and i felt the wanted section didnt work but with patience and the amount of new people joining jumbletown i have completely done 180 degree turn around.
So to one and all keep up the jumbletown faith.
Linn is offline   Reply With Quote