JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 10:48 AM #31
dublin gal

ha ha kilk do you know my mother inlaw ??? worlds worst , the skip scavenger , if its free she wants it , oh the rows we have had .
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 10:54 AM #32
Fizzywitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyk
I have a fair idea as well. I just think its lousy. There are really ppl on here looking for things for others and personally I am looking for some stuff as well as I dont have lots of money to flash around. I hand on heart think its cool that ppl look out for others I think its the way it should be I really do. If ppl have have '00000 of threads then so be it. Like I said its just lousy when ppl lie to get things and then sell it on thats all. Hopefully ppl will get wise to these ppl and see through them.

PS loved your comment on the £20 pound note :)

My thoughts run along these lines too.

I have put a few items on and as I am new, I don't know if the things I have given away are to be re-sold or not. But I would hope that they are going to people who really need them.
I too don't have too much money so would hope I get a fair chance if I request an item as I can't always afford to buy what I want or need

I also think that people who are giving should let the item be on for a day to give people a chance to apply.
I don't sit at my computer all day so I miss quite a few items that are put on and given away in a matter of hours!

Saying all this it is still a great site and I am becoming addicted!!

Regards

Fizzywitch
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 11:14 AM #33
kellyk

Default Good idea

I totally know where you’re coming from Fizzy. Some of the things are gone in a matter of mins. It’s unreal. Like your idea though of givers maybe leaving things up for a day so. I think if I am giving stuff away in future I will keep that in mind. I am defo going to put that I want ppl to answer in the thread first though and then to PM as everyone can than see clearly who is answering to what. Also going to be put would like if not sold in the post.

As for the site I think it’s the best. It really really is. It must take ages for the two guy to keep it up to date and to help fix all the pictures for us.

Well done and thank you Chris and Dave hats off to the pair of you. I have really gotten some good stuff on here.
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 11:22 AM #34
kilk

can i be first for your hat!
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 12:08 PM #35
kellyk

Default hat

Geuss it depends ha ??? you going to sell it :)

ONLY MESSING I SWEAR
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 12:22 PM #36
kilk

just to drift off on another tangent for a mo, i have found some of my friends are mad jealous of the stuff i have got free on jt, but at the same time they won't join up and are constantly showing me stuff that they got at a bargain price, whereas if they were offered it free they wouldn't take it!!

also i was in a friends house recently and his son announced he had a digital camera for anybody looking for one, i blurted out "is it free"? he looked at me as if i had four heads and two legs (come to think of it i have two legs!) and said, "no way it cost 400 but i'll take 200". im not sure if i should get him onto jt or perhaps i should come off it!
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 07:36 PM #37
The Mammy

Default Like A Game of Football

Hi All
When I'm Giving an Item Its Like A game of Football..
Of course I'm the Ref..
During the match, anyone coming to the attention of The Ref, Will be closely watched..
Please note any players playing for more than one team..i.e Taking items for resale may be only allowed only if the game goes into extra time...( If an item is not taken)
Fouls...Yellow cards will be given to any player with persistant Pm's, or pm'ing before posting...They will be sent to the end of the list..
Fouls....Red Card.. Compulsive behaviour..i.e looking for every item on every post or in other words..all over the pitch..will be sent off..or removed from the pitch.

Players playing well i.e posting first and then p.m will be nominated for man of the match...
Players with advantage will be those players with wanted adds for more than 24 hours...will also nominated for man of the match
Any Nominees for remaining for man of the match ( The Final receiver of the Item) and subject to conditions.. ( if they can collect) will then go to the audience vote...or selection committee.( My Kids).. And Man of the Match will be finally decided By Drawing names from a hat...and then receive Thier Trophy (The item)
The Runner-up receives nothing unless The Man of the Match fails to show for the award ceremony...

Let the Game Begin..
Cheers
The Mammy
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 07:54 PM #38
kellyk

Default Mammy is class

Mammy your the best. ..... Thats exactly how I should look at it .

God Moms really do know everything

wowowowowow
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 08:05 PM #39
Fries-With-That

Default Very Funny Post

This post is priceless made me laugh whilst reading it, well done The Mammy.

Regards,

Fries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mammy
Hi All
Of course I'm the Ref..
During the match, anyone coming to the attention of The Ref, Will be closely watched..
Please note any players playing for more than one team..i.e Taking items for resale may be only allowed only if the game goes into extra time...( If an item is not taken)
Fouls...Yellow cards will be given to any player with persistant Pm's, or pm'ing before posting...They will be sent to the end of the list..
Fouls....Red Card.. Compulsive behaviour..i.e looking for every item on every post or in other words..all over the pitch..will be sent off..or removed from the pitch.

Players playing well i.e posting first and then p.m will be nominated for man of the match...
Players with advantage will be those players with wanted adds for more than 24 hours...will also nominated for man of the match
Any Nominees for remaining for man of the match ( The Final receiver of the Item) and subject to conditions.. ( if they can collect) will then go to the audience vote...or selection committee.( My Kids).. And Man of the Match will be finally decided By Drawing names from a hat...and then receive Thier Trophy (The item)
The Runner-up receives nothing unless The Man of the Match fails to show for the award ceremony...

Let the Game Begin..
Cheers
The Mammy
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 08:08 PM #40
Isabeau

Very Well Said.

Quote:
Hi All
Of course I'm the Ref..

Let the Game Begin..
Cheers
The Mammy
Old Posted: 01-07-2008 , 08:24 PM #41
colmsmum

Brilliant!!! Well done, The Mammy! Not only is it funny & true but even the men will be able to understand it, lol! (just kidding lads!). I will be using this method from now on, just glad you didn't add in the off-side rule!

All the best,
colmsmum.

Quote:
Hi All
Of course I'm the Ref..

Let the Game Begin..
Cheers
The Mammy
Old Posted: 02-07-2008 , 04:57 PM #42
kilk

good one, well done to THE MAMMY!
Closed Thread