User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 29-03-2009 , 11:43 AM #16
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Givers should get firm commitments from potential Takers re: collection times. It's vital for Members to exchange mobile numbers and make contact an hour or so before the agreed collection time to make sure that the time is still mutually convenient.

Should a potential Taker fail to collect (for whatever reason -- there are umpteen), then the Giver should quickly move on to the next potential Taker. At all times, Givers should do whatever is convenient and best for themselves -- they are not beholden to any Taker who cannot meet their obligations to collect at a time that suits the Giver.

As Admin has stated before, we can control what happens on the website but it's up to Members to maintain good communications. Tips can be found here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=6871

If a Member has a problem with another Member, they should contact Admin rather than posting on the public forum as the latter only leads to "flaming."

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 29-03-2009 , 11:51 AM #17
Bibi

Default Hi..

Hi brummiegirl,

Welcome to Jumbletown :) and please try not to let some inconsiderate takers ruin the JT experience. It is a great site & in my experience, members are generally kind & caring. In future, make YOUR plans clear & in the absence of takers being polite to you, just post items again.
Regards.
Bibi.
Old Posted: 29-03-2009 , 08:00 PM #18
midlandia

Default A Good Story

Hi JT's,
I am sorry to hear of your bad experiences.
I recently gave away some items, and on one occasion a taker could not make it. They used their own inniative and passed on my number to the next in line via PM. The items were collected the next day following a phonecall. I sent a "thank you PM" to the (non)taker who passed the items on along with my phone number. I thought it was very considerate of them not to let me down!
Old Posted: 11-04-2009 , 06:41 PM #19
Laineymc

Default Taking/not taking items

Why oh Why oh Why do people say they want something and then low and behold have no intention of taking it. So far 3 people have asked to take an item I have on offer and 3 times I have been ignored when I contact them to give directions and a contact number.

Please for sanity's sake only ask if you really want and can actually collect the item...

I am so annoyed this evening. Another Saturday messed about. :-(
Old Posted: 11-04-2009 , 10:29 PM #20
kilk

i find a lot of ppl seem to panic when they see an ad and are first to reply. then they get cold feet for whatever reason but don't think to tell the giver.
Old Posted: 17-04-2009 , 04:10 PM #21
jenniferalan

bumping this cos ive been let down by so many last few days its getting very annoying
Old Posted: 21-04-2009 , 06:57 AM #22
TanTan

Default hi

Why not do what I do, Leave the items in the porch/front wall so the taker can call at their own convenience on an agreed date and just nip in and take them. Works well and nothing else has been taken.

Iv small children and anyone out there even without children knows the chance of something going wrong is very likely to happen.

I also know that "panic" feeling I get when Im going to pick up something a mixture of embrassment and get me out of here but then its fine and i leave delighted with myself.

PS A thank you always goes a long way.
Old Posted: 21-04-2009 , 10:32 AM #23
Narizota

TanTan,good idea about the porch except a couple of times now I have had to go out to tell the charity collectors that the bag in my (closed) porch is not for them! It's very annoying.
Old Posted: 11-03-2011 , 09:17 PM #24
cler

Default take take take

Went looking for this specific thread as I have been left hanging around by inconsiderate people 3 times in a row now. "Takers" is right!

When agreed time passed and I texted to confirm that they were on their way, the last 2 takers actually told me they "couldn't be bothered" to collect the items!

This is starting to ruin Jumbletown for me, half tempted to chuck it all in the bin from now on.
Closed Thread