JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 20-12-2008 , 06:46 PM #1
kiara

Default Promoting Jumbletown!

I want the Ennis jumbletown population to be just as big as Dublin's! Admin, have you posters or ANYTHING I can use in my mission? Kiara x
kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 20-12-2008 , 07:02 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiara
I want the Ennis jumbletown population to be just as big as Dublin's! Admin, have you posters or ANYTHING I can use in my mission? Kiara x
Hi Kiara,

A4-size posters can be downloaded...here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/posters.htm

Thanks for your support!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-12-2008 , 07:13 PM #3
Bettybooboopbedoop

I know how you feel kiara. I have told loads of people about the site and guess what...only one maybe two have logged onto the site for a look. Amazing isn't it. Maybe now that i'm telling everyone i actually got a car on the site, they might have a change of heart, don't you think lol
Bettybooboopbedoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-12-2008 , 07:40 PM #4
kiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P
Hi Kiara,

A4-size posters can be downloaded...here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/posters.htm

Thanks for your support!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

That's great chris thanks, I've downloaded it, I'll print them out on the printer that I got from jumbletown and bring them shopping with me tomorrow! Kiara x
Old Posted: 20-12-2008 , 07:43 PM #5
kiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettybooboopbedoop
I know how you feel kiara. I have told loads of people about the site and guess what...only one maybe two have logged onto the site for a look. Amazing isn't it. Maybe now that i'm telling everyone i actually got a car on the site, they might have a change of heart, don't you think lol

Ha ha ha yeah if a car doesn't sell it I really don't know what will! Kiara x
Old Posted: 20-12-2008 , 10:54 PM #6
jeana

That's a good point kiara- lot's of people arn't aware of jumbletown- Have we got a facebook page?
jeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-12-2008 , 10:59 PM #7
betsy10112000

Default promoting jt

hi guys

i have been trying my best over the past few days to promote jumbletown with all the hype over recycling centres closing all over the place so they were asking for suggestions on the radio stations.i text almost all radio stations and got a mention for jumbletown on quite a few :)
really hope it will show people that their stuff can be recycled in a better way - to all us here jters willing to take them :)

cant wait til after christmas to see all the posts offering unwanted ties,socks and hand knitted christmas jumpers.its gonna be fun,lol
betsy10112000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-12-2008 , 11:02 PM #8
jeana

I know- my parents have a drawer full of simpson socks and soap sets from the grandkids over the past 16 years lol.
jeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-12-2008 , 11:11 PM #9
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeana
Have we got a facebook page?
Hi jeana,

JumbleTown doesn't have a Facebook or MySpace page. It's something we might look at in the future, but for now we have our work cut out managing and updating the site itself. Thanks for the suggestion!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 20-12-2008 , 11:14 PM #10
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy10112000
...i text almost all radio stations and got a mention for jumbletown on quite a few :)
Hi betsy10112000,

Many thanks for helping to promote JumbleTown!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 21-12-2008 , 12:04 AM #11
kiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P
Hi jeana,

JumbleTown doesn't have a Facebook or MySpace page. It's something we might look at in the future, but for now we have our work cut out managing and updating the site itself. Thanks for the suggestion!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

I'll set up a bebo page if you want? Although because you have to type in the name (search for jumbletown before you would ever find the page) then I don't know how useful it would be? An alternative (which I have been doing and guarantees you'll catch people already online and with a minute to spare) is advertise it on your own bebo/my space/facebook, just make sure you say it's an Irish site as People looking at your page could be from anywhere! Kiara x
Old Posted: 21-12-2008 , 12:17 AM #12
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiara
I'll set up a bebo page if you want...
Thanks for the offer, Kiara, but we're trying to encourage direct traffic to the site at this stage.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 21-12-2008 , 01:08 AM #13
bluecurlygirl

Default Just had a great idea Betty

I put up posters at work, I got an ad put up on the intranet which is accessible to Dept of Agriculture nationwide, been telling friends. I don't know yet if I've caused anyone to join but I'll keep plugging in hope. I recently got a pair of car door magnets from www.vistaprint.ie. The magnets were free and I had to pay postage. The magnet say "Everythings free - at Jumbletown.ie" and in between the two lines theres like a child drawing of a boy and girl standing on a grassy patch holding flowers - so cute. If admin don't mind I'd like to stick these on my car. Must post a photo of one actually. I don't want to encourage dealers either but I thought it'd be a great line to get people in initially and then they shall be sucked in like the rest of us!! Ha, ha. Plus there's a few of us on here that'll help admin weed out the dealers too IF they appear.
Anyway, Betty wouldn't it be perfect for your jumbletown car to adorn it with one of these magnets? You just peel them back and stick them on the side of your fridge when you park up for the night!
And keep spreading the good word folks - thanks to jt 2 weeks after my green bin was collected there's about two handfuls of stuff in there! The rest is hanging round my house as Christmas decorations or gone to friends as wreaths! I love it on here.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-12-2008 , 01:20 AM #14
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
I put up posters at work, I got an ad put up on the intranet which is accessible to Dept of Agriculture nationwide, been telling friends. I don't know yet if I've caused anyone to join but I'll keep plugging in hope.
Hi bluecurlygirl

Many thanks for promoting JumbleTown -- much appreciated!
Quote:
...The magnets say "Everythings free - at Jumbletown.ie." If admin don't mind I'd like to stick these on my car.
Feel free to adorn your car!
Quote:
...there's a few of us on here that'll help admin weed out the dealers too IF they appear.
Takers can be individuals who intend to use items themselves or perhaps even sell them on. The latter activity may be unpopular with some Members but it’s not against the rules of the Forum. Once an item has been collected, the Taker can do whatever they wish with the item. Neither the Giver nor Admin can dictate or determine the Taker’s activities off the Board/Forum.

One view of Takers who sell (and they are very much in the minority) is that they are are entrepreneurs of sorts. Who can tell what their circumstances are? They could be recently laid-off or struggling to pay a mortgage, and if they can make a few bob by going to the trouble of collecting an item and then HOPING to sell it, then Admin says, good luck to them.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 21-12-2008 , 01:29 AM #15
bluecurlygirl

I suppose so Chris. Hadn't thought of it that way to be honest. And in the current climate there's a lot of us about. Although I battle to keep my own head above water sometimes I've never tried to gather as much as possible on here and sell elsewhere. But that's just me. Anyway off subject. Back to promoting Jumbletown please. And thanks for the permission Chris - oh god washing the car now has to go onto my list of jobs :-l
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote