JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 11-03-2009 , 08:50 PM #16
paprika

Not at all, colmsmum :D
I was just thinking yesterday morning that I have too many ads, and your idea was great, how to make them a bit fewer. My only sorrow is the pictures... I spent some time adding pics to my ads and resizing them and all, but I don't have the originals, so when I deleted some I lost the pics too :(
It's great to share ideas in the support forum, I might have been a little dumb, but I haven't really thought of this before, groupping the wanted stuff. But as I said, I think it's great idea.
And if someone uses the search tool s/he can still find a Taker with a wanted ad, as even if in the heading here is "crafty things" only, in the ad itself there can be a detailed list what one is looking for.

Kind regards,
p :D
paprika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-03-2009 , 09:22 PM #17
jennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz08
YOU DONT HAVE TO READ THROUGH ALL 50 PAGES TO FIND SOMEONE FOR THE ITEM,JUST USE YOUR SEARCH THIS THREAD AND "BINGO"....

No need to be blunt with the Caps debz, considering chris replied an hour before you posted your reply!, I didn't mean me personally although I didn't say that, but there are numerous new users joining who wouldn't have a clue & there are some users who only read the wanted posts & think "yes I have that don't use it anymore... oh I have that too don't use it anymore" rather than look for specific thing through search, just look at the wanted posts & think I have that & can give it away, hence 50 pages is very off putting.
jennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-03-2009 , 12:06 AM #18
orca

Hi,

Ive only joined since the new year and yes I am addicted, but it takes awhile to find your way round all of the bits on the site, its only now that I've sussed the search thread and I agree with Jennie it is off putting when you join initally, if you look at the wanted section and see 20 posts from the one person,and there is no way I would start trailling through 50 pages looking to see if by chance somebody would like what I have to offer, I do look through the wanted section to see if I can help someone out by having what they are looking for but I have to say I give up and switch off when I see the same persons name coming up the whole time.
If we are all on the site for the same reasons to help others out by being able to give our bits and pieces that we no longer require and if we are lucky enough to receive the things we would like to be chosen for, can we not try and show some common courtesy towards others and try not to monopolise the section, so as other peoples posts may be seen as well
orca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-03-2009 , 12:20 AM #19
colmsmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennie
there are some users who only read the wanted posts & think "yes I have that don't use it anymore... oh I have that too don't use it anymore" rather than look for specific thing through search, just look at the wanted posts & think I have that & can give it away, hence 50 pages is very off putting.

I have to agree with jennie here. I'm one of those people who just have a gander to see what members are looking for and if I have it, I'll offer it. Some of the things on there I would never dream someone would have a use for. I myself have a post looking for 'Rocks, fossils..' etc, now I'm sure a lot of members would never have thought someone would want things like that, but I do! Therefore the search function is of no benefit in case's like that.
colmsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-03-2009 , 12:29 AM #20
Moeby

Default Wanted Items.

I happen to agree with Jennie and Colmsmum. Sometimes you may have something that would come up in the wanted section and not even have considered that someone may have been looking for it. I usually scroll through the wanted section (Saw your one for fossils etc. Colmsmum do have some but my eldest son collects them would be willing to let you look at them and share information however). Maybe if the wanted section was set us like the "Giving away section" it might make life easier. It is labourious to go through the wanted section. I have posted a few wanted adds and while some have received responses which put them to the top of the list, others are getting lost very quickly without bumping them, which is again labourious. Just an idea. Kind regards.
Moeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-03-2009 , 12:48 AM #21
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeby
...Maybe if the wanted section was set up like the "Giving away section" it might make life easier....
Hi Moeby,

This was discussed by Members and Admin in the following thread:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=37722

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote