JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 24-10-2009 , 01:02 PM #1
Number 26

Default Recycling Old Knives

Anyone Know Where I Take Old Knives. (steak Knives, Carving Knives, Vegetable And Bread Ones.)

Many Thanks
Number 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 24-10-2009 , 03:03 PM #2
dee1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 26
Anyone Know Where I Take Old Knives. (steak Knives, Carving Knives, Vegetable And Bread Ones.)

Many Thanks

where are you? if your within a reasonable distance from me,i can take them off your hands..
dee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-10-2009 , 03:35 PM #3
TickTock

Hi dee1. You pose a good question. I have an old bread knife which is useless for cutting bread but I've been storing it in the kitchen drawer for almost 30 years now because I know it would be wrong to just throw it in the bin and I don't want to just GIVE it to some random stranger either.

I saw a UK TV program recently. A young guy had started his own business melting down knives to make key pendants. I wasn't impressed with the design of key he used (it was too big & ugly). Guess where he got the knives from? The British Police Force - yep, they were old confiscated knives and he was taking hundreds of them from the police. We need to find some business like that in Ireland. But I would want proof before I hand any knives over. The Guards are trying to take them out of criminal circulation.
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-10-2009 , 04:23 PM #4
dee1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTock
Hi dee1. You pose a good question. I have an old bread knife which is useless for cutting bread but I've been storing it in the kitchen drawer for almost 30 years now because I know it would be wrong to just throw it in the bin and I don't want to just GIVE it to some random stranger either.

I saw a UK TV program recently. A young guy had started his own business melting down knives to make key pendants. I wasn't impressed with the design of key he used (it was too big & ugly). Guess where he got the knives from? The British Police Force - yep, they were old confiscated knives and he was taking hundreds of them from the police. We need to find some business like that in Ireland. But I would want proof before I hand any knives over. The Guards are trying to take them out of criminal circulation.

ok i just want them for my own personal use to use in my kitchen,they will replace my knives which have lost their partners,my own stuff i would then give to the local,schools kitchens for staffroom, or canteen in local business.
Old Posted: 25-10-2009 , 06:34 PM #5
TickTock

Hi dee1. I wasn't making any personal comments about you - please don't think that. It's just that Jumbletown certainly wouldn't allow anything about guns on here, so I'm just somewhat surprised they allow knives. The whole idea of giving knives away just frightens me. Reading the newspapers over the last few weeks is frightening. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. Just wondered if there was any company in Ireland melting them down for jewellery, and I really hope there is. Sorry if I offended you - didn't mean to do that.
Old Posted: 25-10-2009 , 07:54 PM #6
dee1

Default old knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTock
Hi dee1. I wasn't making any personal comments about you - please don't think that. It's just that Jumbletown certainly wouldn't allow anything about guns on here, so I'm just somewhat surprised they allow knives. The whole idea of giving knives away just frightens me. Reading the newspapers over the last few weeks is frightening. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. Just wondered if there was any company in Ireland melting them down for jewellery, and I really hope there is. Sorry if I offended you - didn't mean to do that.

No not at all.In fact I agree and can see where your comming from.
I think you have a valid point.
Maybe, the part I replied, as to what, I would do with my old knives should have gone to the Green Tips.The reason I replied to your thread was to give YOU an idea of some options for the knife you are weary of disposing of,and rightly so.
You have nothing to apoligise to me for.I am not offended by anything you wrote nor do I think that you were making personal comments,about myself or any other.And I think the other jumbletown users would agree....dee1..
Old Posted: 26-10-2009 , 06:49 PM #7
TickTock

Thanks dee1!