JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 28-04-2010 , 08:57 PM #46
unapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormal
Thanks Unapam! Well I hope I inspired some a little bit and that guenivere might remember me when she is disposing of the next lot of fabric....... ;)
I plan 2 more bags later, I need to get a couple of bits first.

I also found out today that opening the zip was fiddley so I took an old earring and attached that for ease of use

And in the evenings I knit. Thanks for the wool too

Gorgeous hats. You have a great pair of hands for crafting. Love to see everyones items. Keep 'em coming.
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 28-04-2010 , 10:04 PM #47
junkista

Default love the things you are making!

hi gomal,
you are so talented, those hats are knitted beautifully.. and i love all the other things youve made.. the money tins are a great idea!!
junkista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-05-2010 , 02:12 PM #48
Gormal

I had a really heavy piece of fabric that I couldn't figure out what to do with, until I turned it back to front. So I bought a non slip mat in the euro store, made my own binding and gently teased it through my machine as it is so thick. End result is a cushy mat for the bathroom.

I've also knocked together a garden bench but needs painted before its debut on JT............lol
Attached Images

Gormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-05-2010 , 02:26 PM #49
unapam

Default mats

Quote:
I had a really heavy piece of fabric that I couldn't figure out what to do with, until I turned it back to front. So I bought a non slip mat in the euro store, made my own binding and gently teased it through my machine as it is so thick. End result is a cushy mat for the bathroom.

I've also knocked together a garden bench but needs painted before its debut on JT............lol

That's gorgeous and is a OOAK (one of a kind) Love it.
Old Posted: 15-05-2010 , 03:31 PM #50
Gormal

Default Spanner roll

Our old spanner roll was torn from years of wear and tear so today it got a make over. Oilcloth leftover from the chair, thick material like denim for lining and a shoelace from Eibh. The sewing machine went on strike 3/4 of the way through so have to service it and hope it forgives me.........lol
it will be easy to find the spanners in the boot now ;o)
Attached Images

Old Posted: 15-05-2010 , 04:26 PM #51
unapam

Quote:
Our old spanner roll was torn from years of wear and tear so today it got a make over. Oilcloth leftover from the chair and shoelace from Eibh. The sewing machine went on strike 3/4 of the way through so have to service it and hope it forgives me.........lol
it will be easy to find the spanners in the boot now ;o)

Great idea and a funky colour too! Love it.
Old Posted: 18-05-2010 , 08:34 PM #52
Gormal

Default bed sheet/curtain to top

Yes this was a bed sheet and curtain. It's a summer top but I won't be able to wear as it's a bit tenty for me and I think the style is for the little people. If you wanna bash at making your own you will find a tutorial on sewmamasew.com
Oh well back to the drawing board! Might reconstruct it at weekend!

the redesigned top version, plain straight and much neater.
Attached Images

Old Posted: 18-05-2010 , 10:04 PM #53
unapam

Default Bedsheet top

That's gorgeous. I think it's lovely but I know what you mean...we are our own worst critics and because we have been so close to the piece we know all its little foibles.
Oh and I love the colours and we ARE supposed to be getting a good summer!
Old Posted: 22-05-2010 , 04:50 PM #54
Gormal

Default bedsheet and wool

Forgot to add the slippers(thanks for the idea Unapam). Also tried silicone patches on sole for non slip... I don't know how well that will wash/last, but I'm not slipping anymore.

Also made a summer nightie, thanks for the inspiration Unapam same as your pillowcase dress. Made a little corsage to add cuteness. Used some beads (thanks Mandolin) to hide the button holes.
Attached Images

Old Posted: 24-05-2010 , 02:44 PM #55
Gormal

Default Fly curtain

I had this huge L shaped fabric, which I cut to fit the length. Stitched a band at the top, then slotted a piece of garden cane through. It's mounted on 2 screws as I had no little cup hooks. The bottom is weighted down [that's how it came]. It was a bit of a rush job, but at least with the nice weather the door is open and the flies are outside!
I think a good idea would be to make a frame, staple netting to it and slot it to the outside, like a second door.
Attached Images

Old Posted: 24-05-2010 , 05:22 PM #56
unapam

Default Nightie and shoes and curtain

Quote:
I had this huge L shaped fabric, which I cut to fit the length. Stitched a band at the top, then slotted a piece of garden cane through. It's mounted on 2 screws as I had no little cup hooks. The bottom is weighted down [that's how it came]. It was a bit of a rush job, but at least with the nice weather the door is open and the flies are outside!
I think a good idea would be to make a frame, staple netting to it and slot it to the outside, like a second door.

Love the nightie. it looks so cool for these balmy nights we're getting, the slippers are lovely too and the fly curtain is a great idea. What did you put on sole of slippers? What kind of silicone? is it the sort for sealing? I was thinking of using insoles with the rubber part on the outside. Will let you know how it goes. Great stuff you have made. Pam
Old Posted: 29-05-2010 , 12:34 PM #57
Gormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by unapam
What did you put on sole of slippers? What kind of silicone? is it the sort for sealing? I was thinking of using insoles with the rubber part on the outside. Will let you know how it goes. Great stuff you have made. Pam

aye it was sealing silicone. But today I got a backup of "twist-off" gripper pads [last one in shop]. you used to be able to get similar non slip mats for the car dash. It's certainly a neater option.
Attached Images

Old Posted: 03-06-2010 , 08:19 PM #58
Gormal

Default Basket bag to.....

I picked this bag up for €2 in the charity shop, it was really filthy inside. I took it for the handles and magnetic snap. I repurposed the lot.
First I made a mini bin, painstakingly handstitched reusing the same gut that held the bag together, lined it with a poly bag [stitched in]that was heading for the recycle bin.
Next I used the Handles and zip and made a bag with inside pocket, fabric from stash.
Magnetic snap is left and will be added to another bag, will add pic when done! If you're not fed up yet...lol
Attached Images

Old Posted: 04-06-2010 , 11:10 PM #59
unapam

Default bags

Gorgeous bag and great idea to use the rest for a bin. Love it.
Old Posted: 07-06-2010 , 03:50 PM #60
Gormal

Default Deckchair revamp

One very dirty shabby chair given a good clean and much paint, new fabric from the stash. Now its nice and fresh again. It actually looks better in the before pic than it actually was.
Attached Images