JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 05-07-2011 , 11:02 AM #61
miss lilac

Default Pine dresser

What a wonderful job you did on that dresser. You have given me inspiration to do up an old unit which has been in my husbands family for many years and which has been "sent " to the garage a few years now.....must get it out, strip it down and get on with the restoration over the summer months. That, along with painting 2 nice pine kitchen chairs and another lovely chair which I received recently from 2 other jumbletowners....thanks to them I will not be bored this summer. Will post pictures soon....
miss lilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-07-2011 , 11:51 AM #62
melissabell

This looks amazing, well done!!! Ya I never listen to my other half about the state of things either lol, It really looks gorgeous!!
melissabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-09-2011 , 10:05 PM #63
Torann

Looks fab! I always have my eye peeled for an old dresser to do up so lucky you for getting one! I am jealous!
Torann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-10-2011 , 08:33 PM #64
Angelsfishingrod

Default dresser

Hi, and thanks to all new replies about the dresser.. its still pride and place, but ornaments have changed abit!! cant wait til Xmas time to decorate it nicely with lights and the rest.. will put up some pics when done. Its lovely to see it being used again and also painted my old rocking chair white which stands proudly next to it. :)
Angelsfishingrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-10-2011 , 08:23 PM #65
shibo

looks fab! Great job! But why did you have to remove all the paint if you were just going to paint it again? I thought when you stripped it, it was to varnish it? I'm new to diy-ing.
shibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-10-2011 , 08:40 PM #66
Angelsfishingrod

Default paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibo
looks fab! Great job! But why did you have to remove all the paint if you were just going to paint it again? I thought when you stripped it, it was to varnish it? I'm new to diy-ing.
Hi Shibo.. Thanks for comment,,, I stripped it all back, as previous owner had put emulsion paint on it!! which doesnt really stay on wood.. it was peeling off just with your finger nail.. so wasnt difficult to get it off, and then put 2 coats of undercoat paint for wood,, then 2 top coats of Satin wood, not the gloss!! too shiny. now in future I can just rub down a little and just put on more satin wood, no need to put undercoat on again.. good luck. easy to pick up points just google it. :)
Old Posted: 08-10-2011 , 08:42 PM #67
Angelsfishingrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodasnew
What a beautiful result... You've inspired me to do the same with my pine dresser. XOX
Great goodasnew,, go for it.. I was going to paint it duckegg blue! but decided with white as it goes with everything. maybe next year a different colour!! good luck. :)
Old Posted: 08-10-2011 , 08:44 PM #68
Angelsfishingrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torann
Looks fab! I always have my eye peeled for an old dresser to do up so lucky you for getting one! I am jealous!
Hi Torann.. I was very lucky!! I put a Wanted add up on here, and thought nothing of it,,, little while later a lady contacted me and offered me one!! felt like Xmas all again.. couldnt believe my luck. was delighted. so give that a go. I am sure there are plenty of dressers sitting in old sheds! garages! all over Ireland.. just waiting to be made beautiful again. Good luck. :)
Old Posted: 08-10-2011 , 08:47 PM #69
Angelsfishingrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss lilac
What a wonderful job you did on that dresser. You have given me inspiration to do up an old unit which has been in my husbands family for many years and which has been "sent " to the garage a few years now.....must get it out, strip it down and get on with the restoration over the summer months. That, along with painting 2 nice pine kitchen chairs and another lovely chair which I received recently from 2 other jumbletowners....thanks to them I will not be bored this summer. Will post pictures soon....
Hi miss lilac,, WoW, that sounds great,, cant wait to see your finished job.. I am glad I have inspired you.. I will wait in anticipation... :)