JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 14-06-2018 , 04:18 PM #1
Toria

Default bulk buying staples

Hi. I've just re registered, having lost login details and not posting for absolutely ages!
I'm wondering if anyone knows of anywhere I can buy staples like flour, pasta, dried beans etc. in bulk (online) from Ireland? I've found one site, Organico, but tbh, it's cheaper to buy individual 1kg bags of organic bread flour in Tesco than to buy their 5kg bulk bag! I hate the tiddly little 1kg bags, as they don't last any length, and I also hate the waste of packaging, having to buy so many! I'm also looking for larger quantities of bulk organic porridge oats, as I get through a lot of those. Many thanks for any ideas.
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 28-03-2019 , 09:55 PM #2
linda13

Default Bulk Buying

Hi Toria, Maybe not much help to you but if yourself or anyone you know travels to 'the big smoke' the Dublin Food Co-op provides bulk on dry goods. They're in Kilmainham in Dublin 8 (and soon running their bulk buys/special orders from Park West Industrial estate for click and collect, only in the shop at mo). They've a good range of zero waste in store, members get a 5% discount but bulk buying is even more. Some people travel from outside Dublin and order as a group. Can't think off the top of my head but it's up to 50 euro, between 50-100, and over 100 for incrementally higher discounts. The top discount is 22% for members bulk/special orders. I'm biased as I volunteer there but maybe check out their website.
linda13 is offline   Reply With Quote