JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 29-11-2009 , 08:35 PM #1
unapam

Default Great "Green" Clothes Swap Party Ballinamore 2010

On Fri last, 27th Nov 10 in Ballinamore, County Leitrim we had a fabulous night at the Northwest Clothes Swap Party.

We each brought up to 15 items of clothes, shoes, handbags or jewellery and got 15 tokens to "spend" on other peoples clothes etc. After that you could buy an item for €5.

It cost 10 euro in and that, and the raffle went to charity. There was some entertainment, a fashion show (of some of the swap items) drinks, chat and fun and everyone had a ball.

It's a great fun way to raise money, recycle your stuff and get a whole new wardrobe!

NEXT EVENT: Racecourse Inn, Baldoyle,Dublin 13 on 21st May 2011 at 1pm to 7pm
full details here: http://dublinfashionswapshop.wordpress.com
Attached Images

unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 29-11-2009 , 09:15 PM #2
chucken1

Default .

Ive read about these.. Brilliant idea..I suppose my only concern would be that nobody would turn up!! Is it difficult to set up??
chucken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-11-2009 , 09:51 PM #3
unapam

Default Clothes swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucken1
Ive read about these.. Brilliant idea..I suppose my only concern would be that nobody would turn up!! Is it difficult to set up??

It needs to be advertised. They had posters around the town (as seen on my thread) and one of the organisers was interviewed on Shannonside Radio, local newspapers, word of mouth, postings on Facebook, you could post on here too I'm sure.

They took in clothes the night before and issued the tokens then and did the same on the afternoon of the event so that they could have most of them sorted into sizes before the actual party. Some people though, brought stuff during the night and we had a few helpers to sort them, and hang them on the size rails.
We had a rail for each size from 6 to 18+.
There was a good-ish turnout but I imagine it will be better next year and grow if it becomes an annual event.

Local business gave raffle prizes and local shops donated hangers and rails. It was held in the ballroom of the hotel in the main street of the town.

Good luck if you decide to have one. Let me know if it is near Dublin and I will give a hand if I can.
Old Posted: 30-11-2009 , 02:50 PM #4
nishead

Default clothes swap

I live in carrick on shannon and somehow missed this. Sounds great. If it is being set up again would you be able to advertise on j/town or send an email if i pm u my email address??
nishead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-12-2009 , 10:09 PM #5
Athy55

Default clothes swap

I went to one of these in Talbot Hotel in Carlow earlier this year. It was a great night and I got a few new outfits!!! It's a fantastic way to raise money for charity, and a great way to 'swop' items of clothing you no longer wear for some that you will. I even got a designer outfit for a wedding at the 'dress swop'.
Athy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-12-2009 , 10:26 PM #6
summersun

What a great idea.... shame i never heard it advertised on Shannonside Northern sound.... Hope you raised some good money...

Summersun
summersun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-05-2011 , 07:13 PM #7
unapam

Default Pictures of Ballinamore Fashion Swap Shop 2011

Just stumbled on this post from the last one we did in Ballinamore.