JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 23-09-2011 , 07:35 AM #31
raisincake

Default wow

i think its amazing well done how long did it take u ?
raisincake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-09-2011 , 09:56 AM #32
shonastar

Hi raisincake, it took about 10 hours from start to finish :-)
shonastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 02-10-2011 , 09:15 PM #33
shelly..

I love your tree, it's amazing. You've inspired me to give it a go but haven't a clue what I'm doing. I've never tried anything like this before. My garden wall looks to be about the same size as yours but it's not quite flat, there are some bumps and lumps on it? Did you use all tiles suitable for outdoors? With the winter weather we've been having do I need to make sure the tiles are all frost proof?
shelly.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 02-10-2011 , 09:54 PM #34
shonastar

Hi shelley, almost all tiles are suitable for indoor/outdoor use, (if you think about it, they are usually put in hard wearing areas ie. kitchen/bathroom) Frost and weather conditions don't come into it, there are tiled flower beds and walls that I completed 4 years ago, that have shown absolutely no sign of wear and tear, and the last 4 winters have been particularly harsh. However, as I have said in previous posts, please ask for advice when you are buying adhesive and grout. I opened an independant tile shop last year with my husband (I just love living life on the edge!). I can honestly say that anyone with half an interest in this sector would only be too happy to give advice or answer questions. Independant shops aren't always more expensive than large chains/diy shops (sometimes we're cheaper :-)) As for bumps and lumps, if you're not a professional tiler you will be using a thicker layer of adhesive, which will eliminate most of the bumps and lumps. Besides, this is for an outside wall, it really doesn't have to be perfectly smooth, believe me you won't notice the imperfections once it's done!
My only advice would be, just do it, I still love looking out at my tree, months later, nothing beats the sense of achievement you'll feel.
The only tool I used to cut the tiles was a hammer (and a tea towel to stop flying shards).
To shelley (and anyone else looking for advice) feel free to PM me with questions, Shonastar
shonastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-10-2011 , 08:25 PM #35
helen11

Default view from window

love it, fair play to you, i,m jealous :).
helen11 is offline   Reply With Quote