JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 22-03-2010 , 05:28 PM #1
TickTock

Default 1-2 Flush Cistern (problems with)

In an effort to save water we had a 1-2 flush cistern installed with our new bathroom suite. We are having a lot of trouble with the flushing system, it's broken down half a dozen times. I'm seriously considering going back to the traditional handle type of cistern. Has anyone else been having problems, or is it just me?
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 23-03-2010 , 10:56 AM #2
Mandolin

Default flush system

It's not just you Ticktock, we have problems with ours too, only the big flush works. It seems a waste of time installing it. In the other loo with the old flusher I put a plastic drink bottle full of water into the cistern and that keeps it from filling too much. Mandolin
Mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-03-2010 , 04:57 PM #3
TickTock

Aw thanks Mandolin, glad its not just me. Well I too will reverse the decision to install this yoke if it breaks down again, I've really lost patience with it. The bathroom installation cost an arm and a leg. We were looking to the future and designed it for us in our 'frail' years!!!! The plumber has been back to fix it twice but I don't think we will be able to keep on getting him back. It'll be the plastic bottle in the cistern for us.

Has anyone ever changed back to the old cistern? I assume it's an easy enough job! Anyone here got any info?
Old Posted: 23-03-2010 , 07:07 PM #4
Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin
It's not just you Ticktock, we have problems with ours too, only the big flush works. It seems a waste of time installing it. In the other loo with the old flusher I put a plastic drink bottle full of water into the cistern and that keeps it from filling too much. Mandolin

Same here - and the waste pipe on these new smaller loos are tiny and constantly get clogged with next to nothing. Our loo seat is round and costs an arm and a leg to replace the seats - can't seem to just replace worn hinges - must do the whole thing - sheesh!
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-03-2010 , 08:24 PM #5
TickTock

So much for our efforts in trying to save water!