Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 10-02-2011 , 02:02 PM #1
chuckles30

Default Epson inkjet cartridges

Hi all,

I'm just wondering is there any option for recycling Epson inkjet cartridges. I bought a new Epson printer recently and these are starting to build up. Previously I had a Brother printer and had a choice of charities who were able to recycle these and make a bit of money. However no one seems to want the Epson ones.......so just wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.....and sorry if this has been covered already, but I couldn't find anything....
chuckles30 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 11-02-2011 , 02:01 AM #2
Bibi

Default Epson Cartridges.

Hi chuckles30,

You can recycle these through the Tesco Green Clubcard Points Scheme. Proceeds, (if you choose) go to the "Make A Wish Foundation". You can choose to avail of 100 Green Clubcard points to your Tesco Clubcard or a 1 euro donation to the Foundation for reach cartridge returned to the Tesco recycling scheme. You can pick up the FREEPOST envelopes in your local Tesco. I do not work for Tesco and have no vested interest whatsoever, just have used this system many times - it works & it's not that easy to recycle Epson cartridges otherwise.

Hope this is of use to you.

Regards.
Bibi.
Bibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-02-2011 , 10:06 AM #3
bug5y

Default epson printer ink

you can get a system for the epson printers called continuous ink system....it works out cheaper in the long run, saves having to replace and recycle cartridges all the time, i have 2 epson printers and have only had to fill up once in a year, i use the printer all the time check them out ebay has them

http://shop.ebay.ie/i.html?rt=nc&Bra...=p3286.c0.m282

they really are more cost efective, hope this helps
bug5y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-02-2011 , 11:07 AM #4
chuckles30

Thanks Bibi, I'll check out tesco as I'm actually going to be in there this evening.

I will check out the continuous ink too Bug5y. I've never heard of it.
chuckles30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-03-2011 , 08:40 PM #5
tash6987

I was just looking at the tesco site as I have the same problem with my epson cartridges, they don't list any epson cartridges that they can recycle, have just been browsing on loads of different sites about recycling epson cartridges and seems the only way is to send them back to epson and they burn them for energy convert into electricity apparently, unfortunately doesn't work for me as i don't use genuine epson catridges!
tash6987 is offline   Reply With Quote