JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 30-09-2008 , 12:59 PM #31
misstake

Default hiya

my youngest daughter slept with me until she was six or seven Now she is 23 has her own boy lol Before he was a month she had him in his own room now hes 3 its upstairs at seven thirty and asleep in less than five minutes Yes i dident think it would work but he knows his room then sleep Wish someone had told me it would work
misstake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 02-10-2008 , 02:36 AM #32
Dedicated Moocher

We get NO junk mail at ours. We live straight across from a pizza place, Asian food place, and a coffee shop, and just nothing!! A drug dealer used to live here, maybe he did the severed hand thing...? Who knows. Personally, I don't mind, if people are making an income from it, it doesn't take much to drop it in the recycling. Enough Irish trades have gone down the capitalist hole, SAVE THE JUNK MAILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I understand where the mummies (daddies?) are coming from though, fair nough!
Dedicated Moocher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 02-10-2008 , 03:47 AM #33
Jumbles

Default !

Oh, I love it. lol!

I had figured out the letters with return addresses on them, I "return to sender" and put them back in the post box.

I have also gathered up about 60 "charity" stickers and bags which I intend to post to the council office, litter warden. It's their responsibility, not mine IMHO.
I had gathered about 30 more and my hubby threw them in the bin agh! (He thought they were junk lol!)

And now I know what to do with the rest of it, yay! Thanks Beldarin
Jumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 31-07-2009 , 07:23 PM #34
beldarin

Default Well, how did ye do?

Ok, time to check in gang!

I was delighted to hear all those calls to action on the junk mail front, but i'm intrested now to hear ...
how many michievious letters were returned to sender?
Come on? did you get round to it? I'd love get an update,

and Pupster, i hope the wee lad has settled a bit for ya by now, have u got ur sanity back yet? I'm just starting to get mine....
beldarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-08-2009 , 05:50 PM #35
Mandolin

Default Junk Mail

Great ideas here, I hate junkmail. I don't know if this is just an urban legend but years ago I read of a woman who advised all these junk mailers (using their own reply envelopes of course) that her 'business' was evaluating flyers and if they sent her any more then she would bill them for her services at £100 a pop; and that by sending her one more flyer she would deem this to be their acceptance of her terms. So (allegedly) she was then legally entitled to charge them and they were legally obliged to pay. Wouldn't it be nice if it were true.
Mandolin
Mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote