JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Posted: 14-12-2010 , 01:52 PM #46
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Greystones, Co. Wicklow
Posts: 367
Default budget grants for insulation??

hi, any of this sort of thing, ventilation, damp, etc covered by the proposed grants for energy ratings and improvement of same in older houses?
just a query here, in a small bungalow which i may consider as a forever home, there is black mould on one wall, it does look as if gaps outside on either end of a flat roof, but the gutters look brand new.
i feel they were put in and the pebbledash up to the new flat roof extension was not done too neatly hence moisture getting in here, rather badly i would feel from the look outside.
palminnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-04-2011 , 12:10 AM #47
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: donore
Posts: 126

mould and dampness can be very dangerous as moulds grow, theres a stage where it produces spores. The spores become airborne after drying out or if disturbed.they can be inhaled and over time can lead to serious health problems
cailywho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 07-01-2015 , 09:22 PM #48
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1
Default Dehumidifiers

Here is a site on dehumidifiers: http://www.byemould.com

If you have mould you should get rid of it straight away as it really is a health hazard. But not only that it can ruin your furnishings such as sofas, curtains, rugs etc.
David67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-05-2015 , 06:48 PM #49
helping hand
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Limerick
Posts: 1
Default Best For Elimination Of Fungi And Mould

If the mouldly area is less than 1m then i would recommend using q-therm. It's like a paste or paint and can easily be applied on the mouldy area. It's commonly used by renovation companies.
I bought some Q-THERM on www.adverts.ie ; http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_Q-THERM/
If the area is larger than 1m try www.markomtech.com. They helped in the renovation of my Uncle's house. He had flooding damage last year. They offered a drying service that was chemical free, and didn't involve breaking wall structure. They included a 2 year guarantee for the work that they performed. I would highly recommend Markomtech for help with your dampness problems.
helping hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 28-02-2017 , 06:52 AM #50
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: London
Posts: 1
Default The Soothing Air

I know a website named The Soothing Air (http://thesoothingair.com/) which can help you to find the right dehumidifier to eliminate mold
soothingjohn07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:11 PM.

JumbleTown - Useful Links


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.