JumbleTown Ireland



Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Posted: 29-05-2009 , 07:08 PM #16
Bubbles2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Wicklow
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthedubs
Wow it looks brillant CAN I HAVE IT BACK NOW LOL


Thanks again guys - and upthedubs - you can come down and have a closer look its staying put lol ;p
Bubbles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-05-2009 , 08:17 PM #17
smokeyeyes
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greystones, Co. Wicklow
Posts: 725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles2
My mother-in-law RIP use to have a little robin that came into her kitchen for scraps! Wish I had your 'wrong flavour' of fat balls for my garden smokeyeyes!! ;p


Bubbles, I think my 'wrong flavour' fat balls came from shop LOL

One of my cheeky little robins has hopped into my kitchen when I was sitting having a cup of coffee, they really are quite tame compared to other varieties of birds.
smokeyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-05-2009 , 09:37 PM #18
Bubbles2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Wicklow
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyeyes
Bubbles, I think my 'wrong flavour' fat balls came from shop LOL

One of my cheeky little robins has hopped into my kitchen when I was sitting having a cup of coffee, they really are quite tame compared to other varieties of birds.



Thanks for that smokeyeyes I am off to the shop tomorrow first thing - I am so jealous of you having a little cute visitor like that!!
Bubbles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-05-2009 , 10:45 AM #19
TanTan
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Galway
Posts: 260
Default birdbath

was in Portlaoise Heatons and my daughter spotted those plastic tubes with four little openings and each having a little plastic leg for the bird to sit on for 50 cent. In the pet shop the food was pretty expensive in the bags, so I asked the girl any cheaper alternative and she said cheap peanuts from Tesco and thats what we did. Took a week for the birds to know its there but its fantastic. Well worth the money as the birds are fed and kids are amused.......

Well done on the revamp, amazing........
TanTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-05-2009 , 03:01 PM #20
smokeyeyes
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greystones, Co. Wicklow
Posts: 725
Default

Just a little note to all you bird lovers. If any of you travel up to Newry for shopping, there's a pet superstore just after you go under the bridge entering Newry on left hand side (beside tile store). It's great value for pet food of all kinds. The bird seed (for wild birds, budgies etc.) is sold loose from big bins, you just help yourself to how much you need and it's a fraction of the price in pet shops. I was up that way in March and got big bags of feed for wild birds and my daughters budgie, treats and toys for his cage, fat balls, treats for dog and couple of other items, cost = 10 !! And with the currance exchange only worked out under 11. Brilliant value, and still have seeds left. You'd be lucky to get smaller bags of seeds for that price in pet shop or supermarket.
smokeyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-05-2009 , 03:24 PM #21
tasmin
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 252
Default hi bubbles

well done!
you did a great job on the bird bath.

it looks fab!

tas
tasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-05-2009 , 05:33 PM #22
Bubbles2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Wicklow
Posts: 1,085
Default

Thanks again you guys- just to let you know if anyone is ever around Naas, there is a warehouse clearance store where 2 Seasons use to be and I got a load of different kinds of bird feed they are 1.99 each also hammocks 50 all things to do with the garden etc going cheap (sorry Chris if I am breaking any rules here!!) B2
Bubbles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-05-2009 , 05:35 PM #23
Bubbles2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Wicklow
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan
was in Portlaoise Heatons and my daughter spotted those plastic tubes with four little openings and each having a little plastic leg for the bird to sit on for 50 cent. In the pet shop the food was pretty expensive in the bags, so I asked the girl any cheaper alternative and she said cheap peanuts from Tesco and thats what we did. Took a week for the birds to know its there but its fantastic. Well worth the money as the birds are fed and kids are amused.......

Well done on the revamp, amazing........



Thats amazing good value TanTan - will have a look in there - I am thinking of putting up sign posts for the birds - anyone able to speak birdy language!!!
Bubbles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-06-2009 , 01:47 PM #24
Bubbles2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Wicklow
Posts: 1,085
Default

I am now sitting back enjoying the view of my bird bath and the birds feeding - actually spotted parents feeding one of their young from the bird feeder which was really amazing!!
Bubbles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 05:36 PM #25
mweir
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kilkenny
Posts: 73
Default bath

well done. that is a great job. isn't it lovely to restore some things that may otherwise have been in the scrap heap.
mweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 07:40 PM #26
baileyqueen
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bandon, Co. Cork
Posts: 2,143
Default

they say you should not let out peanuts during the summer as the parents take bits of them back to their young and they choke on it and my pet shop owner said you should really only feed birds in the winter they find their own in the summer
baileyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 07:50 PM #27
wells
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Galway
Posts: 293
Default :o)

that is way cooler than a standalone bird bath, never seen one like that before -
excellent restoration job x
wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 08:07 PM #28
Bubbles2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Wicklow
Posts: 1,085
Default

Thank you mweir - yes I got a great kick out of sitting back and admiring my handywork!!



Baileyqueen - nuts are safe enough as long as they are fed through a wire mesh feeder and are ideally fed in spring and summer - got this and more from the bird watch ireland website




wells - thank you yes it is a lovely piece and all thanks to upthedubs for giving it to me!
Bubbles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 08:10 PM #29
baileyqueen
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bandon, Co. Cork
Posts: 2,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles2
Thank you mweir - yes I got a great kick out of sitting back and admiring my handywork!!



Baileyqueen - nuts are safe enough as long as they are fed through a wire mesh feeder and are ideally fed in spring and summer - got this and more from the bird watch ireland website




wells - thank you yes it is a lovely piece and all thanks to upthedubs for giving it to me!
o thats great to know that thanks for the information and enjoy the bird bath its really cool amazing what can be done with things
baileyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2009 , 08:40 PM #30
Bubbles2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Wicklow
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyqueen
o thats great to know that thanks for the information and enjoy the bird bath its really cool amazing what can be done with things




Its a bril site - it was minnie pal who actually told me about it and its a really lovely site to visit! I have got so much enjoyment from this bird bath its amazing!!
B2
Bubbles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:51 PM.



JumbleTown - Useful Links

 
 

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.