Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 31-08-2010 , 06:45 PM #1
Dannloads

Default Wanted Items + Highlighting

Hi Admins & All JTers
I have just another idea (or 2 or 3 but very simple) to maybe improve the site so I thought I might share it with you:

1. Add a column in the "Wanted items" category with the SAE/Location/Area/Region etc where the taker is willing to travel to collect the wanted item ie something like this:
Name:  areacounty.gif
Views: 295
Size:  17.4 KB

2. Highlight in some way the initial post & subsequent replies from the JTer who started the thread (and/or Admins); this should not only help identifying the relevant JTer but also the status of the item; I think it would be handy to differenciate quotes from original/updated first post; it doesn't need to be too obvious either maybe something like this:

Name:  Giver highlighted.gif
Views: 293
Size:  16.5 KB

(3. In the same idea, the ID of the JTer who started a thread could also appear listed in the category but that is another idea!)

Please let me know what you think of them
Cheers
Dannloads
Dannloads is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 31-08-2010 , 08:51 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Thanks for the suggestions, Dannloads. I'll pass them on to the managers and techies for consideration. (No promises...)

As I've said on a few other threads in the Support Forum, the Wanted forum was very much an afterthought and never intended to play a major role on JumbleTown (i.e., not cause extra work for Admin!). The site is more about "I have this item -- do you want/need it?" rather than "I want/need this item -- do you have it?" Anyway, we'll see. Thanks again for the suggestions and we'll make a post here if any changes are put in place.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote