JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 19-08-2009 , 03:42 PM #46
TickTock

Default Papercrafts

Thanks Durran. I hadn't heard of Pix.ie. Have you found anything negative on Pix.ie? I was told Picasa was better than Flickr but as I haven't used any of them I wanted to know if anyone would recommend one site above another. I suppose they all do the same thing really. Thanks anyway, I'll check the site out.
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-08-2009 , 03:50 PM #47
durran

nothing negative with pix.ie . flickr has a limit to the amount of photos you can put up. I don't know about Picasa. pix.ie has a limit but it is huge. It costs nothing give them a try.
durran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-08-2009 , 03:54 PM #48
TickTock

Default Papercrafts

Durran, I'll give it a try. Meanwhile I don't suppose you recognise the pink ribbon you sent me - its on the pink recycled Christmas Card. Pity the picture is a bit too big and you can't see very much of the ribbon, but I thought the colours went together. Thanks again.
Old Posted: 19-08-2009 , 04:37 PM #49
mrsl

Tick tock, I use www.photobucket.com. It allows 50mb of free storage for photos and video.
mrsl
mrsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-08-2009 , 06:01 PM #50
TickTock

Default Papercrafts

Thanks Mrsl I'll have a look at Photobucket - I forgot about that one.
Old Posted: 20-08-2009 , 11:36 PM #51
colmsmum

Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me butting in! This thread is fantastic and the cards are fabulous, well done. I love cardmaking & crafts too, I've started my christmas cards also but haven't taken pics of them yet. The only ones I could find on my laptop to contribute to the thread are two wedding cards I made last year to order, hope you like them! I'll add more when I get time to photograph them.

Keep 'em coming & happy crafting,
colmsmum.
Attached Images

colmsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-08-2009 , 12:56 PM #52
TickTock

Default Papercrafts

Hurray!!!! Another cardmaker! Welcome Colmsmum. Your cards are lovely. Hope to see more from you soon. There must be more cardmakers on JT! Keep 'em coming!
Old Posted: 21-08-2009 , 10:37 PM #53
Scrabble

Hi Colmsmum,
I love your cards.I have to make a wedding card very soon and these have given me some great ideas.How did you do the couples names?Did you print them or stamp them?
Its great to have more crafters join in the fun.I felt like I was taking over the thread.LOL. I would also love to see crafts like altered art, scrapbooking ect. so keep them coming in.It gives others inspiration and I think its a great hobby because it gives so much satisfaction.

Happy crafting
Scrabble
Scrabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-09-2009 , 09:43 PM #54
Laura h1

Default Recycled Christmas Cards

Hi, i am looking for advise we are planning to have a christmas market and hope to raise funds for our local church - i was thinking about making recycled cards and i am a horder and i'd say i have loads - can you tell what to do and how can i say that they're recycled and in aid of the church
Laura h1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-09-2009 , 01:30 PM #55
TickTock

Default Papercrafts

Hi Laura h1

I've sent you a pm. Too long to submit here.
Old Posted: 12-11-2009 , 10:47 PM #56
Scrabble

Cute snowman card. Very easy to do, just cut different shapes from coloured card.
Attached Images

Old Posted: 13-11-2009 , 12:16 AM #57
TickTock

Default Papercrafts

Clever use of shapes Scrabble. I'll give it a go. I've been tinkering with some scraps and came up with these tealight decorations. I've seen some done with Christmas backing papers which look nice so I'll do some of those as well.
Attached Images

Old Posted: 13-11-2009 , 12:38 PM #58
Scrabble

These are lovely Tick Tock. Are they paper or stickers? I love the silver ones. The snowman card is not my idea. I copied it from a magazine but its really easy to do.
I uploaded pics of the presents I made for christmas last year if you'd like to have a look in ideas for homemade xmas presents thread.
Happy crafting
Scrabble
Old Posted: 13-11-2009 , 02:50 PM #59
TickTock

Default Papercrafts

Hello Scrabble
Thanks for your comments.
The red ones are just red glitter card with gold star stickers, both I think I bought donkey's years ago in Easons before I started 'serious' crafting! I'm sure you could pick them up in a toy shop craft section for kiddies.

The gold ones are some sequin waste which a friend gave me years ago and I didn't know what to do with it, but stored it away for just the right time. I don't know where you could get it here, I think she got it in the US or UK. It's gold on one side and silver on the other.

The silver ones are just silver peeloffs borders which I bought at the Belfast craft show last year in the King's Hall (its on again this weekend), they were being sold off at a special price of 25p per sheet so I bought a few sheets and again stored them away until now. Are you going to Belfast this weekend for the craft show?

Another friend provided the candles, they have an opaque plastic cover, not the foil ones but they could be used as well just not with silver decoration of course. I hope to post up some more stuff over the next few weeks if I can get down to it. I thought of white strips of card, punched with fancy punch and maybe red snowflakes or sparkly bobbles for snow.

Have a go, I'd love to see what you come up with.
Old Posted: 06-12-2009 , 04:34 PM #60
TickTock

Default Papercrafts

It's been a while since I've been on this thread. My last lot of papercrafting for a church sale fundraiser. A friend gave me some strips of light cardboard and said 'do something with them'. So I did.
Attached Images