JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 11-02-2010 , 10:08 AM #1
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default New use for old immersion cupboard

When we were revamping the cottage the old immersion was removed and we were left with a very messy alcove beside the fireplace. Stripped everything out including the plaster. The rocks you see are what the house is built from!! Only left two side pieces that had been supporting the immersion tank. I put on a new piece of wood for a shelf, built a cupboard below this with offcuts of wood and put a recycled door from a kitchen press with lining material on the inside to hide my craft cupboard. The upper bit was more difficult as I couldnt attach anything to walls as they're made of rock. Had to buy (oh no!) two pieces of round dowel, cut into four, stood them on the worktop and attached them with screws from underneath. Cut notches in the dowels and slid off cuts of wood in between to make shelves.Added a false ceiling and inset spotlight and now I have a lovely little corner with music centre, cd's etc and craft cupboard under. Total cost was buying four dowels and losing the skin off the top of my fingers as I rendered between the rocks with my bare hands!! Oh well I live and learn. Eibh.
Attached Images

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 11-02-2010 , 10:28 AM #2
earthprince

Default cupboard

That looks absolutely fab. Well done. It's amazing what you can do with a good immagination and a little hard work. Doing it yourself with re-claimed materials gives such a great sence of achievement. You are right to be very proud of what you have done
earthprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-02-2010 , 11:17 AM #3
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default cupboard

Thanks earthprince, feel like I am showing off but if we don't share our ideas others don't get inspired. Have loads more things I've done but a little shy. Have a few photos of things I've repurposed in the garden. Wonder if I should put them up? Eibh.
Old Posted: 11-02-2010 , 03:43 PM #4
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
Thanks earthprince, feel like I am showing off but if we don't share our ideas others don't get inspired. Have loads more things I've done but a little shy. Have a few photos of things I've repurposed in the garden. Wonder if I should put them up? Eibh.
Hi Eibhlin,

Repurposing and/or life-cycling ideas are always welcome and appreciated. We'd love to see more of your handiwork. It shouldn't be regarded as "showing-off" but rather a moral imperative!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-02-2010 , 04:06 PM #5
sparkwell

Default cupboard

That is a really brilliant job well done! You have made a lovely feature. Don't be shy! The Before & After section of Jumbletown has to be my favourite it is just brilliant to see what people can achieve. I'd love to see what you have repurposed for your garden. I hope to put up a before & after project soon myself but it is at the 'during' stage at the moment!!!
sparkwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 13-02-2010 , 08:37 AM #6
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default corner cupboard

Thanks, ok I will put up some more stuff, but be warned, there is loads as the old cottage we bought has actually three buildings that we restored and renewed. The last five years have been a ball and a huge outpouring of creativity and imagination. Eibh.
Old Posted: 14-02-2010 , 03:14 PM #7
unapam

Default Don't be shy!

Please show and tell all girl! We love to see and get inspired by others creativity. It's nice to know I'm not the only one thinking like this. Keep 'em comin'...UnaPam
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-02-2010 , 10:21 PM #8
summersun

That is some great work that you have done .... I am looking forward to seeing more... You have inspired me... NOW.... how are you at the garden transformation end of things :-))))

Summersun
summersun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-02-2010 , 07:35 PM #9
melissabell

Hi,

That is gorgeous I can't wait to see what you've done with the rest of the house!!
melissabell is offline   Reply With Quote