JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 21-06-2010 , 09:29 PM #1
TickTock

Default Storing duvets & blankets

I use both duvets and blankets. I suffer badly in the cold weather and have to use both. My problem is this, where do I store all these bedclothes in the hot summer days. There is a landslide every time I open a cupboard door. Has anyone got any good tips for storing large duvets and blankets please?
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 21-06-2010 , 10:23 PM #2
flybynight

Default storing duvets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTock
I use both duvets and blankets. I suffer badly in the cold weather and have to use both. My problem is this, where do I store all these bedclothes in the hot summer days. There is a landslide every time I open a cupboard door. Has anyone got any good tips for storing large duvets and blankets please?

Hi Tick Tock,

I find the vaccum bags they sell in Argos and various other stores really good for this. They decrease the size of the duvet by about 50%, plus they keep them free from dust etc.....and can be stored in cupboards, under the bed or even up in the attic, without any harm coming to them. Hope this helps.
Take care
Flybynight.
flybynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-06-2010 , 10:31 PM #3
Angelsfishingrod

Default storing duvets

Hi there, I agree with flybynight, these plastic bags are excellent.. I buy mine in th Euro shops.. as much cheaper than Argos!! there are different sizes too and all €2. suck out all the air and seal.. easy and half the size.. brilliant. so Good luck. :)
Angelsfishingrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-06-2010 , 01:04 PM #4
TickTock

Thank you for that flybynight and Angelsfishingrod. I never thought of that and I've never used them before. I'm off out now to get a few, hopefully in the pound shop (I'll never get used to the 2Euro Shop!!!!).
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-06-2010 , 02:08 PM #5
neid

Default storage

I store mine under the mattress- I just lie them out flat on divan/ wooden slats and pop the mattress back ontop. Then they are all in the right bedrooms when you need to put them back on the bed and im not trying to find space to store them
neid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-06-2010 , 02:11 PM #6
junkista

Quote:
Originally Posted by neid
I store mine under the mattress- I just lie them out flat on divan/ wooden slats and pop the mattress back ontop. Then they are all in the right bedrooms when you need to put them back on the bed and im not trying to find space to store them

oh you are clever!!! what a great idea!
junkista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-06-2010 , 03:49 PM #7
lizheen

Default Neid's idea

That is pure genius.
I'm currently on a drive to create space, and am trying to reorganise things - and the duvets are an absolute nightmare.
Well done.

Lizheen
lizheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-06-2010 , 04:57 PM #8
mondubics

As it happens, my duvet came with a zip-around plastic storage container, which is square. It takes up space of course, and can fall out of the wardrobe, but its not a waterfall.
Since its goose down, I don't wash it, but air it outside on a sunny day and use Febreeze on it to keep it fresh in storage. So far so good (a few winters).
mondubics is offline   Reply With Quote