JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 26-09-2010 , 10:37 PM #1
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default Upcycling a 'new' concept??

Did anyone see the article on the front of the property supplement of the Irish Independent on Thurs or Fri-can't remember which day. They were extolling the virtues of s new concept called upcycling where people do up their old furniture to suit their current decor instead of throwing it out or recycling it!! All I could think of was all the talented JTowners (myself included) and the beautiful restored items in the before and after forum and wondered 'why is no-one doing an article on Jumble Town' ? It seems it takes two architects and an interior design artist to bring a concept like this to the notice of the newspaper. Let's hear it for the 'ordinary folk' busy recycling, re-using, and restoring!!

Update:
Upcycling Article:
http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/...s-2351298.html
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 26-09-2010 , 11:30 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
Did anyone see the article on the front of the property supplement of the Irish Independent on Thurs or Fri-can't remember which day. They were extolling the virtues of s new concept called upcycling where people do up their old furniture to suit their current decor instead of throwing it out or recycling it!! All I could think of was all the talented JTowners (myself included) and the beautiful restored items in the before and after forum and wondered 'why is no-one doing an article on Jumble Town' ? It seems it takes two architects and an interior design artist to bring a concept like this to the notice of the newspaper. Let's hear it for the 'ordinary folk' busy recycling, re-using, and restoring!!
Hi Eibhlin ni Sheambrai,

JumbleTowners in the vanguard? Sure, what's new!? Talented folks such as your good self have been wowing us with your inspirational upcycling and life-cycling for years in the "Before & After" forum.

By the way, the last major news feature on JumbleTown was in the Sunday Tribune (December 2009). It didn't deal with upcycling per se but focussed instead on another major theme of life on JumbleTown -- "The Kindness of Strangers." For those who missed it, a text-only version can be read....here:
http://www.tribune.ie/magazine/featu...-of-strangers/

Thanks for the feedback, Eibhlin ni Sheambrai, and keep up the good work!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-09-2010 , 09:16 AM #3
TickTock

I'm much in agreement with Eibhlin ni Sheambrai. The 'meeja' only pays attention to the trendy and expensive designers. Lots of folk here doing miraculous things with everyday items. The high quality of the upcycling here on JT is very very professional indeed! Pity I'm not among their number, alas!
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote