JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 06-06-2009 , 03:14 PM #1
kate44

Default celebrities on jumbletown ?

with the elections on this week it got me thinking i wonder is their any local councellors or local celebrities on jumbletown.

Gerry Ryan often advertises jt i wonder has he ever logged on.

Prudence magazine are always advertising jt i wonder if any of the people associated with them ever log on.

I know your probably saying who cares and do you know something your probably right.

Just a thought [i know my mind is mad]

But anyway leave a comment and name a celebrity and say what you think their user name wud be.eg Pat Short username = the comedian [so obvious right]

k44
kate44 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 06-06-2009 , 03:38 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate44
with the elections on this week it got me thinking i wonder is their any local councellors or local celebrities on jumbletown.
Gerry Ryan often advertises jt i wonder has he ever logged on.
Prudence magazine are always advertising jt i wonder if any of the people associated with them ever log on.

I know your probably saying who cares and do you know something your probably right.

Just a thought [i know my mind is mad]

But anyway leave a comment and name a celebrity and say what you think their username wud be.eg Pat Short username = the comedian. [so obivious right]

k44
Hi kate44,

I've no idea if we have any celebrities on JumbleTown. A Member's User Name allows them to carry out their business with a degree of privacy, and this we feel ought to be respected. We're not really interested in "outing" any celebrity or famous person who proves their green credentials and does their bit for the environment by Giving and Taking ("life-cycling") items on little ol' JT. As I said, a Member's anonymity and privacy have to be respected.

However, as far as Admin is concerned, all of our Members are stars in their own right. Some, like Eily and Unapam have featured in articles about JumbleTown in House and Home magazine and in the national press.

When we were just starting out back in 2006, Gerry Ryan very kindly gave us a few minutes on his show, as did Avril Hoare on RTE's “Newsbeat.” In general, the national media, and radio stations especially, have looked very favourably on JumbleTown's work. We wouldn't be where we are today without their help.

Prudence magazine and House and Home magazine have been great supporters of JumbleTown since our inception. We advertise in the former a few times a year, and the website of the latter carries a JumbleTown ad.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-06-2009 , 04:30 PM #3
Fries-With-That

Default outing celebrities on Jumbletown.

I still can't figure out why our numerous politicians, especially the greens didn't have ads on the wanted pages looking for votes.

If you consider it, a Vote is the easiest thing in the world to reuse, recycle, etc.
A vote also very much in keeping with Jumbletowns slogan....someone somewhere wants it.

Just a thought,

Fries.
Fries-With-That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-06-2009 , 07:00 PM #4
kilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P
Hi kate44,

However, as far as Admin is concerned, all of our Members are stars in their own right. Some, like Eily and Unapam have featured in articles about JumbleTown in House and Home magazine and in the national press.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

and of course we must not forget steveo (who?) he also featured in the daily papers!
kilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-06-2009 , 09:33 PM #5
kate44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries-With-That
I still can't figure out why our numerous politicians, especially the greens didn't have ads on the wanted pages looking for votes.

If you consider it, a Vote is the easiest thing in the world to reuse, recycle, etc.
A vote also very much in keeping with Jumbletowns slogan....someone somewhere wants it.

Just a thought,

Fries.

Thats actually a good idea i wud have never thought of it.[i'm sure if they gave lots of stuff away they'd get loads of votes] oh but maby'e thats illeagal might br classed as buying votes.Ha Ha only messin.
Old Posted: 06-06-2009 , 11:14 PM #6
kate44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilk
and of course we must not forget steveo (who?) he also featured in the daily papers!

Just wondering who is steveo ?
Old Posted: 06-06-2009 , 11:40 PM #7
Sabrinabray

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilk
Steveo my bf!!! What paper was he in kilk? Ah I miss that one armed bandit so much!

For Steveo - see post #9, "Just passing through" in the thread below:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=53425
Sabrinabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 07-06-2009 , 11:31 AM #8
kate44

O ya ha ha
Old Posted: 07-06-2009 , 09:40 PM #9
lislaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries-With-That

Just a thought,

Fries.

He he he, very funny. But also v clever - pity it wasn't the greens who came up with the idea. Mind you - not much about their performance recently has been v clever
Lisa
lislaw is offline   Reply With Quote