JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 15-11-2011 , 12:43 AM #1
thinadoo

Default new item notification

hi, i was wondering if there is any way i could set up an alert on my computer to notify me if any item of my interest is put on offer.

thanx
thinadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 15-11-2011 , 01:30 AM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinadoo
hi, i was wondering if there is any way i could set up an alert on my computer to notify me if any item of my interest is put on offer.

thanx
Hi thinadoo,

We don't have a "live" notification or alert system for particular items.

The closest thing we have to what you're looking for is "Forum Subscription," whereby you can subscribe to a complete forum (such as the Furniture forum or Vehicles forum).

To do this, visit the forum you're interested in and click on "Forum Tools" just above the Status Column (i.e., the Available/Reserved/Taken column), which is on the right-hand side of each forum page. Then choose "Subscribe to this Forum" from the dropdown bar. Then you have to choose what type of notification you want to receive. At the moment, we offer daily or weekly notification, the latter being more appropriate for those interested in the "Green Tips" of "Before & After" forums. Once you've selected your notification preference, then click the "Add Subscription" button.

JumbleTown's main notification system is as follows:

If you "subscribe" to a thread/ad, an automatically generated "notification email" is sent to you every time someone makes a post on the thread/ad. More details about email notifications and subscriptions can be found...here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/faq....notifica tion

Members who wish to view all new ads should click on the "Find New Items" button above the Support Forum.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote