Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 25-04-2009 , 10:47 AM #16
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklyirisheyes
Yes these def should be banned, i can't believe they weren't! I'm still on my campaign to get JT to lift the ban on cosmetics, I have so much stuff to give away as does every girl! How bout it Chris?! How come you can sell used cosmetics on eBay? Could you consider allowing new sealed cosmetics to be givin away on this site?
(sorry i've gone totally off the point, well done for banning cot matresses!)
Hi sparklyirisheyes,

The Managers of the Jumbletown have no plans to lift the ban on any type of cosmetic or lotion.

The thread for this particular discussion can be found in the Support Forum...here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=31962

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-04-2009 , 10:59 AM #17
elbo

Default -

My daughters never used the same cot mattress (or pram mattress) more than once. Always bought new ones for each child.
I know they said it was something to do with SID syndrome.
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-04-2009 , 01:21 PM #18
misstake

Default cot mattress

Well as a mum now a granny i disagree with you all The cot bought for my youngest now 23 is still in use in my house and all my six grandkids slept on it So thank god they are all healthy and well if you had your way i would need four mattresses here as four still sleep in the cot when they stay over lol not at the same time Sorry i just had to say my piece
We really are becoming a nation of fusspots and with all this new progress you would think any type of disease would be erradicated Instead more children suffer from asthma and exema than ever before
just my opinion thanks for reading
misstake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-04-2009 , 12:14 PM #19
bluecurlygirl

My son's cot was bought second hand with the mattress and when he finished with it I handed it on to someone who had gotten rid of all hers years previous (thought she was finished!) and it did the rounds after that too. My daughters cot was also second hand with the mattress. Her moses basket had been slept in by two of her cousins and after she finished with it another cousin slept in it. Her cot has been given (with mattress) to a neighbour whose grandson comes to stay now and again. I really think that they don't know for sure what causes SID so they'll blame everything that comes in close contact with the child. Hope they don't suggest that us mothers should be disposed of too as the kids got sick on me numerous times. I did of course wash but who knows - maybe there's microscopic traces left in the furrows on my brow or something!! Not making a laugh of the issue. It is serious and a neighbour of mine had a child died from SIDS. I'll never forget it. But banning cot mattresses on jumbletown? They'd make lovely window seat pads guys.

P.S. All the aforementioned children are alive and well and healthy thus far.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-04-2009 , 12:49 PM #20
gillo

Have to agree with the last 2 posters on this. Never until we all became so health and hygiene conscious in this country have we seen so many children with intolerances to food, air and God knows what. Asthma has increased 10 fold since major warnings were given about smoking, and 20- 30 years ago nut allergies and the like were virtually unheard of, nowadays they are common place. Children born today have no resistance to anything because they're not let build up immunity to them. I'm not saying that smoking and not being clean are actually good for you, but I really feel that we all go totally over the top sometimes, and to suggest that a new mattress is needed every time a new baby uses a cot in my opinion is ridiculous. I have a funny feeling this might have been a suggestion initially made by the manufacturers of these products. How do they account for the little ones who die that are first borns and therefore first users of the cot and mattress. Also in Asia where babies sleep in the same bed as their parents for the first 2 years of their lives, the incidence of cot death or SIDS is much lower than here or the States. Just my opinion on this, regards to all
gillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-04-2009 , 01:20 PM #21
bluecurlygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstake
Well as a mum now a granny i disagree with you all The cot bought for my youngest now 23 is still in use in my house and all my six grandkids slept on it So thank god they are all healthy and well if you had your way i would need four mattresses here as four still sleep in the cot when they stay over lol not at the same time Sorry i just had to say my piece
We really are becoming a nation of fusspots and with all this new progress you would think any type of disease would be erradicated Instead more children suffer from asthma and exema than ever before
just my opinion thanks for reading

I'm with you misstake - would they be suffering because of the continually sterile environment we put them in? We remove everything that could probably make them sick, we wash down our surfaces with disinfectant etc. and we expose them to nothing therefore they cannot build up any resistance and the smallest germ causes a big reaction. I worried recently about a neighbours child coming into my house to play with my daughter - why? His house is shining, always clean very sterile (lovely house don't get me wrong) - mine - sticky finger marks on the telly, dog hairs on the mat in front of the fire (and on the sofa where she sneaks up!!) and a thin layer of dust on the fireplace. I was full sure he'd leave my house sick because he wouldn't be used to that. I still prefer my house though with the fingerprints - you know that someone lives there!!
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote