Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 17-02-2009 , 02:00 PM #1
MandyD

Default Wanted section - no replies?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone else notices that people post for things in the wanted section, someone offers and there is no reply...only a bump a couple of days later....?
Maybe they're all doing their business by PM, but it seems unlikely that ALL of them are....

Mandy
MandyD is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 17-02-2009 , 02:33 PM #2
nono

Hi Mandy,

I have replied to a few of the Wanted Threads. I usually reply on the thread and by PM and the person usually replies back with PM as their giving their address. Nono
nono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-02-2009 , 03:06 PM #3
misstake

Default no replies

i usually have a look on other sites and send a pm saying whatever they are looking for is there some reply some dont bother

ADMIN EDIT HERE...

ive had a wanted add on there but dont ask for another thing until i find first or maby its just me lol ok moan over have a great day
misstake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-02-2009 , 06:46 PM #4
shonastar

Hi MandyD,
I have one thread in the wanted section (which you were kind enough to reply to!) Although it might seem as if I have recieved books from people who posted on the thread, you were one of only two who actually replied to my PMs. So I continue to bump my thread as I haven't recieved any books from anyone, although it might seem as I have.
Of course, I realise that this post is not in any way directed at me, I'm just sharing my experience as I was already thinking to myself that someone looking at my thread might think I was greedy to continually bump!
(By the way, did you like the book I sent you? :)
Thanks, Shonastar x
shonastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-02-2009 , 06:58 PM #5
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Hi Everyone,

Members with Wanted ads/threads should acknowledge the responses of those offering items ON THE THREAD/AD itself. Details can be exchanged by PM (Private Message).

A "Bump" after a response looks like you are ignoring the response and the poster.

Other potential Givers will be discouraged from offering if they see that you have apparently ignored previous offers.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-02-2009 , 10:38 PM #6
Mumof3

Thanks for that info Shonastar. I never actually thought of that (although I should have) and what you said really makes sense. Regards.
Mumof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 18-02-2009 , 10:38 AM #7
MandyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonastar
Hi MandyD,

(By the way, did you like the book I sent you? :)
Thanks, Shonastar x

I did enjoy it...wasn't exactly hard reading lol...so it was good for distraction purposes...but like you said yourself, it's not really something that would grab you... thanks a million for it, by the way!
Mandy
MandyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-02-2009 , 09:14 PM #8
colmsmum

I replied to a couple of threads yesterday in the wanted section, have had no response yet even though the requester's have been on here since. A simple 'No thanks' wouldn't go astray rather than being ignored. This isn't the first time this has happened either, don't think I'll bother offering much in the wanted section anymore. Sorry for the rant, just a bit annoyed!
colmsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-02-2009 , 09:39 AM #9
paprika

Sometimes when I go to bump up my ads in the wanted section just look at the list, it shows no new posts on the thread, so I just go to the reply post on the top of the page, bump it up, then a day or two later I see there was a reply to it I never noticed, cause it was at the bottom of the page, where I never went. I don't know if this makes some sense, or if it happens to other people too, but it explains why some responses are noticed only later despite the bumps after them.
paprika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-02-2009 , 10:28 AM #10
colmsmum

I can understand that, has happened to me before but when pm's go unanswered too it's just sheer ignorance. I'll remember who not to offer to in future!
Old Posted: 24-02-2009 , 11:53 AM #11
gillo

I would fully concur with colmsmum about ignored pms being sheer and utter ignorance. It costs nothing to reply, and I'm of the same mindset that I will completely ignore these people in future for anything.
gillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-02-2009 , 03:13 PM #12
elbo

Default bumps

Hi,
I have an add in the wanted section and I just bumped it.
Reason I bumped it was .....
I couldn't find it in the wanted section, as there are so many pages, so I went in to View my Profile and the Threads and I bumped it.
I didn't even see the replies before I bumped it, so perhaps this is whats happening.
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-02-2009 , 03:21 PM #13
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbo
...I couldn't find it in the wanted section, as there are so many pages...
Hi elbo,

When your ad slips down the Home Page, you should use the Search function at the top right of the listings.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-02-2009 , 04:02 PM #14
colmsmum

Hi elbo, I can understand not being able to find your ad, there are hundreds of them, when I'm looking for mine I do a search, as Chris P said. What I can't understand is people not replying to pm's when someone kindly offers the requested items, Why bother put an ad in then??? Also have had someone request an item recently only to completely ignore me when I offered the item to them!!! I have pm'd twice while they were online & replied on the thread and not a dickie bird!!! All I ask is a bit of common courtesy, a quick pm to say they're not interested would do. I love this site & 99.9% are lovely on here but I can't be bothered with the likes of them, I'm going to keep note & ignore them in future.
Old Posted: 25-02-2009 , 03:35 PM #15
abbamaniac

Default wanted section

i think people should look in the wanted section BEFORE posting the item in the site,that way they no the taker really wants it instead of all the threads you get saying they always wanted one or they had an add in the wanted section for ages,half of that is not "reality" at all and theyd say mass to get the item lol,thats my advice anywayz,debz
abbamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote