Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 23-03-2009 , 08:40 PM #1
jenniferalan

Default uses for charger plates

Hi guys

Just wondering is there different or unique uses for large charger plates. I received 12 of them from a very kind JTer and I plan on keeping 6 for dinner occasions but would like to put the others to use around the new house if it is possible to do something crafty with them. There are 2 colours: gold and red. They are beautiful. Any ideas?
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 23-03-2009 , 11:43 PM #2
Moeby

Default Charger plates

Hi Jen, excuse me for the ignorance but what are charger plates? can you post some pics and we may be able to give you some suggestions. Kind regards.
Moeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-03-2009 , 12:09 AM #3
Bibi

Default Charger Plates..

Hi Jen,

Those plates are really nice & I think one would look very well as a funky clock. You can buy the clock mechanism & numerals/numbers. You could also paint some of them & use as wall hangings.....Flowers would look cheery....or you could buy some red or gold stubby candles, in say three different heights and arrange on a plate. Put some small stones or candle sand around for effect /safety.

Have sent you a PM.

Kind regards.
Bibi.
Bibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-03-2009 , 12:25 AM #4
kila2008

Came across an idea somewhere online (could have been somewhere on here or on a design blog...really can't remember) where someone made a cupcake/cake stand using old plates....drilled a hole through the centre of each one and the placed a rod from the hardware shop through the holds using some sort of bolts or something to keep the plates at different levels. Perhaps you could do something like that with them...so sorry for being so vague with the instructions but I'm sure if you googled it, you would find something.
kila2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-03-2009 , 01:05 AM #5
kila2008

Just came across this idea on www.curbly.com - button tray using a wooden tray...might work with a plastic charger plate???

http://www.curbly.com/ModHomeEcTeach...-a-button-tray
kila2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 10-04-2009 , 10:22 PM #6
jenniferalan

Apologies to everyone for not replying, I had completely forgotten about this thread, it was at the end of my subscriptions list!

Thanks for the great ideas :)

I love the idea that Kila gave, I wonder would it be easy to do it without cracking the plates?

Thanks Bibi, this was an idea I was thinking of, was thinking of maybe spraying them silver and putting in white pebles and candles. If u would like some for crafts I would have no trouble in sharing as I have quite a good few.

A clock would be a good idea! Need to put some thought into how to design that!

Any more ideas would be very welcome.
Old Posted: 11-04-2009 , 01:23 AM #7
Bibi

Default Charger Plates..

Hi Jen,

The clock is not too difficult to make. First of all just measure out the hours evenly on the "clock face". You could then paint the hours in roman numerals, use simple dots about the size of a 2cent coin to mark each hour or just mark 12,6,3 & 9 and leave the other hours unmarked....it does work!! You can buy the clock mechanism & the hands in craft shops - then carefully make a hole in the exact centre of the plate. This would be best done with a narrow hot iron/screwdriver. (Plates are probably a hard plastic so a drill might shatter them). Fit the mechanism, add two AA batteries & away you go....

I have clocks with the dot marking & the 12,6,3 & 9 marking & you are welcome to see them if that helps.

Thanks for the offer of some chargers, I would be happy to have a few sometime if you find you have too many when you have finished making clocks & cake stands etc...!!!

Kind regards.
Bibi
Bibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 07-05-2009 , 10:58 PM #8
jenniferalan

Hi bibi apologies, just saw your msg now. I'd love to see some photos of your clocks, they sound really nice and unique! ...thanks for the advice, I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with them :)