JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 21-06-2011 , 08:31 AM #1
Vagabond

Default The Barter system

What ever happened to good old fashioned Ireland where the Barter system existed... As an Electrician and handy man / jack of all trades lol...

i would be more than happy to give my services to help someone out in return for help i may need..

And im sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who would do the same...

mmmm can see a possible new forum being added here lol sorry admin ooops hope this not breaking any rules....
also think a swap shop would be a good forum too lol...but i reckon that is breaking the rules just a tad

lets see who agrees with me????

Cheers all

Vagabond
Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 21-06-2011 , 01:51 PM #2
Mickey

While a swap shop is def out of the JT question I would LOVE to see another site (Like JT) with barter offers....
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-06-2011 , 03:03 PM #3
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond
What ever happened to good old fashioned Ireland where the Barter system existed... As an Electrician and handy man / jack of all trades lol...

i would be more than happy to give my services to help someone out in return for help i may need..

And im sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who would do the same...

mmmm can see a possible new forum being added here lol sorry admin ooops hope this not breaking any rules....
also think a swap shop would be a good forum too lol...but i reckon that is breaking the rules just a tad

lets see who agrees with me????

Cheers all

Vagabond
Hi Vagabond,

A dedicated forum for trades and services has been suggested before but right from the very start the developers and managers of JumbleTown decided that the site would be solely for the Giving and Taking of free items, and that transactions such as swapping/bartering, selling, buying, auctioning, borrowing and lending would be prohibited.

Facilitating one type of transaction is enough work for us :)

There are, however, a number of sites that facilitate the swapping of items and skills/trades/services. Put in a google search for "skill swap" and "barter."

For example:

http://www.u-exchange.com/membersearch

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-06-2011 , 03:08 PM #4
Vagabond

Default barter system

hi chris,

thanks for the reply and links i will check them out....

hope i didnt cause any offence as was just a suggestion and a topic for conversation...

cheers

vagabond
Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-06-2011 , 03:16 PM #5
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond
hope i didnt cause any offence as was just a suggestion and a topic for conversation.
No problem, Vagabond.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-09-2011 , 12:47 AM #6
teena

Default Bartering

Ive just signed up on a bartering site called neighbourgoods.net.
Theres an Irish section and its only getting started but looks good to me if enough people join. You put up goods you are willing to loan out and other people do too and if you need say a ladder, you borrow it and if someone needs something you have you loan it. I think its a great idea.
teena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-09-2011 , 03:24 PM #7
miss lilac

Default barter system

I think the idea of bartering is terrific and have always had that opinion. I often do some typing say for a girl and in return she will give me nice free range eggs. Also you could do some painting for someone and in return they may do you a favour....its the only way around this recession and you know what? I think the bartering will catch on and also I think people in these times need to keep busy and keep in touch with other people. That way there will be less depressed people out there and we will all help each other....great idea...
miss lilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-10-2012 , 01:30 PM #8
madfrozen

Default resurrecting old thread

I know this is ancient thread, but just saw it. I think this would be a great idea for a website. I have a surplus of eggs all the time and would love to barter them in exchange for someone elses glut or suplus of something!
madfrozen is offline   Reply With Quote