JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 14-07-2008 , 06:37 PM #16
BillieT

Default Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa
hi, i used postcards cos i didn't have poems & pot pourri , couldn't find anything to put on top though, looks a bit bare ....

Carissa
I've been looking at home for Jars with a tight lids - I thought i might do a few of them too and leave them around the garden for decoration, They will be watertight so could be left outside - U can always go and release them after a few days and capture a few more.

Billie
BillieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-07-2008 , 12:37 AM #17
carissa

Default billiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieT
Carissa
I've been looking at home for Jars with a tight lids - I thought i might do a few of them too and leave them around the garden for decoration, They will be watertight so could be left outside - U can always go and release them after a few days and capture a few more.

Billie

hi BillieT,
the possibilities are endless as to what you might find at the bottom of the garden, fairies, elves, trolls,dragons, hey i've been thinking bout your fairies on a stick would they fit in those jars you use for storing pasta, or maybe you could do something with the large plastic mineral bottles !!!!
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-07-2008 , 11:54 AM #18
BillieT

Default Fairies

The fairies are just a fraction too big for the Jam or coffee jars - After you remove the stick of course. But yeah - the water bottle idea is good too. Ok on a mission now to find a nice plastic bottle that will fit them. lol

Billie
BillieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-07-2008 , 01:20 PM #19
carissa

Default BillieT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieT
The fairies are just a fraction too big for the Jam or coffee jars - After you remove the stick of course. But yeah - the water bottle idea is good too. Ok on a mission now to find a nice plastic bottle that will fit them. lol

Billie

maybe your local shop will have an empty lollipop jar, they have lids, easier to put something into than a mineral bottle
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 10-11-2008 , 10:29 AM #20
livfor

hi just to say thank you, you have given me great idea for something to make with my three year old little girl imagine the Christmas decorations you could make with this idea
thanks again
All the best
Liv
livfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 10-11-2008 , 12:18 PM #21
livfor

just had another brainwave you could pick up a few fairys and if you had a girls birthday party coming up you could hide them around the garden or house???? (one each ) and save your jars and each child gets to take theirs home
all the best
Liv
Old Posted: 14-11-2008 , 07:47 PM #22
kiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by livfor
just had another brainwave you could pick up a few fairys and if you had a girls birthday party coming up you could hide them around the garden or house???? (one each ) and save your jars and each child gets to take theirs home
all the best
Liv

thats a great idea, but if there would be boys at the party im not sure it would work?
kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-11-2008 , 09:08 PM #23
livfor

maybe you could have plactic insects for them to find and they could put them in a jar
all the best
Liv
Old Posted: 23-02-2009 , 09:19 PM #24
porshe

Default re fairies

hi, just 2 let u know ur idea "fairy in jar" super,,im always making bits an pieces,, i made 2 4 my nieces,,im also making 1 4 my daughters grave she was stillborn 5 yr ago,, ive changed sum of the words in the poem 2 suit..the word fairy is now angel, and heaven is a wonderful place and angels must be free.. THANK U 4 UR IDEAS.
porshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-05-2009 , 11:42 AM #25
Athy55

Default Fairies!!!

This is fantastic!! I was collecting jars to make 'reindeer food' with my wee group of 'special needs' people but now we are going to make fairies in the garden instead. It's a brillent craft idea. Thank you very much.
Athy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-05-2009 , 02:32 PM #26
unapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athy55
This is fantastic!! I was collecting jars to make 'reindeer food' with my wee group of 'special needs' people but now we are going to make fairies in the garden instead. It's a brillent craft idea. Thank you very much.

Wonderful..enjoy it all! By the way - what is reindeer food? :-)
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-05-2009 , 08:27 PM #27
Athy55

Default Reindeer food.

To make 'reindeer food' at christmas time you would need some raw porridge, sugar, red and green food colouring and a jar. Colour some sugar red and some green by adding a couple of drops of colouring and mixing well. Then layer porridge oats, green sugar, white sugar, red sugar, etc until jar is full. Seal the top with cling film and then put a wee bit of Christmas fabric over it and secure with an elastic band. Then on the front of the jar put a wee poam and a picture of a reindeer. The poem should read 'sprinkle on the lawn tonight(Christmas Eve), the moon will make it shine so bright, Santas reindeers fly and roam, this will guide them to your home'. Small children really love this, it isn't harmful to any animal and we sell loads of it at our Christmas Fair.
Athy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-07-2009 , 04:11 PM #28
kiwicooke

Quote:
hi just to say thank you, you have given me great idea for something to make with my three year old little girl imagine the Christmas decorations you could make with this idea
thanks again
All the best
Liv

Hi all, You could glue a Christmas ornamant to the bottom of a jar and put water and glitter in it and it could be used as a kinda snow globe.
kiwicooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-07-2009 , 06:09 PM #29
livfor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicooke
Hi all, You could glue a Christmas ornamant to the bottom of a jar and put water and glitter in it and it could be used as a kinda snow globe.

great idea if you used little plastic jars you could hang them from the tree
all the best
Liv
Old Posted: 01-07-2009 , 06:29 PM #30
kiwicooke

Quote:
great idea if you used little plastic jars you could hang them from the tree
all the best
Liv

The Cow and Gate baby food jars would be perfect because the food containing meat the lid is red and the food containing veg the lid is green so would be colourful, only thing is - they're glass
kiwicooke is offline   Reply With Quote