JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 18-06-2011 , 07:46 PM #1
Vagabond

Default Looking for Ideas (land-use)

I have a plot of land about 1 acre in size... its in quite a rural setting with stunning views and on the side of a mountain so quite high up...

Im looking for ideas for some kind of business that will produce an income and help me be more self sufficient and help towards up keep / cost of land...

renting out plots in not viable because of location...

ideas but be something which does not cost a lot of money as in these times money is quite scarce

regards vagabond

ALL IDEAS WELCOMED thank you
Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 20-06-2011 , 11:56 AM #2
Mandolin

Default use of land

Hiya Vagabond, there's a similar thread already here about this and it got me thinking too. I have about an acre doing nothing and I'm wondering about hedging plants, or trees - would it be an idea to plant out cuttings or seeds(which in theory are free for the taking) and in a year or two sell them all? Might be worth considering.
Mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-06-2011 , 12:23 PM #3
Vagabond

Default thank you

Hi mandolin thank you for the reply... yes i did already think of growing some thing to sell on but im kind of looking for a quicker turn around and potentially earn some cash a little quicker lol.... (recession has me cash strapped like most others lol)....

but i appreciate your reply let me know how you get on??
what part of the country is your acre in??
Old Posted: 20-06-2011 , 03:43 PM #4
Mandolin

I'm in Wicklow Vagabond, it does seem an awful waste doesn't it, and I could do with a quick turnaround myself. I knew a man years ago who kept rabbits for the french restaurant market, not sure if I'd be up to that myself though! It's the right time now for cutting so I just might give it a go... plenty of rain for them anyway!
Old Posted: 21-06-2011 , 08:25 AM #5
Vagabond

Default a cut above lol

Ha ah yes indeed onething you can definatley count on is our beutiful summers lol.. if only we could sell the rain water lol... mmmmm food for taught lol...
Im kinda thinking of a wind generator farm or solar farm.. as im an electrician and im big into stuff for free so electricity from the sun and the wind kinda ticks the boxes for me... only problem is the innitial outlay to but the wind turbines.. very expensive...

***(((anyone wanting to back me please feel free to contact me lol)))***

seriously though i think everyone should have free electricity or near enough free... and if enough people got together they could very easily... only thing stopping this as usual is our government.. Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

anyway thats my little rant for today tune in tomorrow for another burst lol..
Old Posted: 21-06-2011 , 11:13 AM #6
Mandolin

We looked at wind turbines and a pelton generator for our river, free wind and sun is great but the cost of harnessing it counteracts the savings. Have you looked at Instructables.com? There's lots of free info there on making turbines and generators from (so-called) rubbish. Worth a look!
Old Posted: 23-06-2011 , 03:30 PM #7
Tinky

Default wind turbines

there's a post on pg 2 of green tips re residential wind turbines and building them yourself etc. Might be of some interest to you.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote