JumbleTown Ireland



Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Posted: 11-10-2009 , 11:19 PM #1
Blurg
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 209
Default Revamped dresser for my wee girl

I got an old chest of drawers off a JT'er about 3 years ago with the intention of doing them up (they had blackboard paint on top, white sides and blue drawer fronts!). I've finally gotten around to it. I covered the drawer fronts with fabric and polyurethaned them. Put new handles on and painted the top and sides with a very pale pink. They are now in pride of place in my little girls room. Both she and I are delighted with them!
Attached Images
  
Blurg is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 12-10-2009 , 04:55 AM #2
Bill_D
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kilkenny City
Posts: 109
Default Old dresser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurg
I got an old chest of drawers off a JT'er about 3 years ago with the intention of doing them up (they had blackboard paint on top, white sides and blue drawer fronts!). I've finally gotten around to it. I covered the drawer fronts with fabric and polyurethaned them. Put new handles on and painted the top and sides with a very pale pink. They are now in pride of place in my little girls room. Both she and I are delighted with them!

I did likewise for my Sister and then a friend of mine, have a peek and meet Chester, (knew I shoulda done a before pic lol).

also, here's Chesters Sister, Flowy, the flowers on this piece are all painted by myself, much to my surprise lol, hope you enjoy looking, feel free to copy
Bill_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-10-2009 , 07:11 AM #3
Blurg
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 209
Default

Ahh, that's too cute. I love the bit at the back. What did you use?
Blurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-10-2009 , 07:16 AM #4
Bill_D
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kilkenny City
Posts: 109
Default Back piece

Hiya I used and old piece of 7" board I had lying around, I laughed revamping this piece. It seem to take on a character of it's own lol, thanks for the lovely comment.

Bill
Bill_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-10-2009 , 08:38 AM #5
sparkwell
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Portarlington, Co. Laois
Posts: 713
Default

All 3 are lovely and each one is unique! Thanks for sharing

Sparkwell
sparkwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-10-2009 , 09:15 AM #6
maggied
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cavan
Posts: 244
Default cute drawers

hiya , blurg love what you ded wht the drawers very unique and great way of using uup scraps of fabric .well done
maggied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-10-2009 , 09:17 AM #7
maggied
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cavan
Posts: 244
Default drawers

hiya , love the cute bear drawers i want to try these
and blurgs fabric covered ones too , looks like i will be busy for a while
!!
maggied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-10-2009 , 01:35 PM #8
Bill_D
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kilkenny City
Posts: 109
Default Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggied
hiya , love the cute bear drawers i want to try these
and blurgs fabric covered ones too , looks like i will be busy for a while
!!

Here's an idea Maggied, why not combine the two, draw the face on the piece of wood, jig saw along the lines, or if you don't got one, a friend will cut for you, screw it to the back of the drawers, add materiel, and do it like a coat or a dress ??
Bill_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-10-2009 , 03:05 PM #9
unapam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurg
I got an old chest of drawers off a JT'er about 3 years ago with the intention of doing them up (they had blackboard paint on top, white sides and blue drawer fronts!). I've finally gotten around to it. I covered the drawer fronts with fabric and polyurethaned them. Put new handles on and painted the top and sides with a very pale pink. They are now in pride of place in my little girls room. Both she and I are delighted with them!


Wow! That is one funky dresser! FABULOUS!
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-10-2009 , 03:08 PM #10
unapam
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_D
I did likewise for my Sister and then a friend of mine, have a peek and meet Chester, (knew I shoulda done a before pic lol).

also, here's Chesters Sister, Flowy, the flowers on this piece are all painted by myself, much to my surprise lol, hope you enjoy looking, feel free to copy

They are gorgeous too. "Pimp My Drawers" seems to be very popular theme on JT!
Love the painted flowers. Well done!
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 13-10-2009 , 12:20 AM #11
bluecurlygirl
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Big city of Belturbet
Posts: 508
Default

Well done Blurg and Bill D - they're just fabulous. Pretty happy kids on those rooms I reckon - can you come and do one for me?!!!
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:50 AM.



JumbleTown - Useful Links

 
 

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.